I'm cool on it though. yes but compared to a 10 point an eight pt has one less mass measurement per side. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website.

They are taken half way between the G3 and end of main beam. A little over 135 in this picture before he broke his brow tines. Pope & Young minimum is 125, for reference, and that takes a VERY nice 8-pt to make it, or a solid, decent 10. Congrats! Same rack configuration. PY. trophy fee : $2,500. Sometimes it's better to shoot a 115 - 120" 4.5yr old than a 125" 2.5 yr old. Eye Circumference – The circumference of a buck’s eye is a good reference point in roughly calculating your four antler circumference measurements. 139 whitetail. hes a clean 8 and i thought for sure he was way more than that when I shot but it is true an eight has to be exceptional to be over 130. I am going to hunt a game farm this fall. 132 gross 129 7/8 net and the back legs of an elk. "Most of these pictures are accurate for score but some must be using a very inaccurate tape measure or just flat out have no idea how to score...". The example buck’s antlers grossed at 121.988 or simplified to 122 inches. He just wants 130 class which means gross. The first step in this process is establishing your reference points. Either way, it's going to have to be a mature buck of 3.5 or older, or a 2.5 year old with crazy genetics and great feed. This picture can be a trail camera picture, a harvest picture, or even a freeze-frame of a video if you happen to film your hunts!

It seems to me that grossing 130 even if it doesn't net 130 it would still be considered close. i used it for a larger set of horns that i have becouse he was huge. It's very rough but a decent way to get an idea. for you to show you how gross and net can be way different.

The results are posted below. I posted in this thread even though it was 4 years old above because before I went out hunting this year I was looking at it and I found it very helpful. You need some mass and good tine length to make it there! Most of these pictures are accurate for score but some must be using a very inaccurate tape measure or just flat out have no idea how to score... 132 gross. Those are some great bucks.

I didn't realize how good he was until I watched the video later. Have you seen or gotten a chance at a 130+" buck yet? A net 130 is a good deer anywhere in my book and that the one that counts.HUNT. This one is a little over 120 gross and 6 1/2 y/o 28in neck, add some decent G-4's and you would have a 10pt 130 class deer. You guys have some really nice bucks! Something I've never done before. Thanks. Rather than set a minimum score or amount of points...maybe you could suggest that the landowner sets a general age requirement instead...such as mature bucks only (3.5yrs and older)?! This buck’s tines can roughly be summed to roughly 18 inches. It's harder to take a good book 8 pt but they're out there. The example buck can be judged at essentially the same mass for the first two measurements between the base and G1, and the G1 and G2. Maybe I shouldn't have made this video?Filmed on November 8, 2016.

Probably kind of risky the way I entered into it. By multiplying 51-52 inches by two, taking the shortcut in estimating the score of the other antler, we can arrive that this buck’s antlers are around 102-104 inches. They are the furthest from the reference points but also can be subject skewed estimations based on view angles, or when additional points on the tine are present. 130" shot near Marshfield, Missouri on family farm.

Estimating a buck’s spread credit is relatively one of the easiest scores to estimate while field scoring a buck. They are the furthest from the reference points but also can be subject skewed estimations based on view angles, or when additional points on the tine are present. Sorry, but you don't lose two mass measurements. Tine lengths, while they may seem easy, are actually quite difficult to estimate. I am extremely happy with him! He grossed in the low 130's. Generally, a buck’s ears from base to tip will be 7-8 inches.

Consecutive years. A buck's ear will be about 7" long. I guess I'm happy I don't much care..... Tell ya one thing - there's not a buck on this page I'd give a pass to! While some whitetails are clearly “shooters”, as a hunter, you might often find yourself encountering a buck that is on the border of “shoot” or “don’t shoot”. the best way to judge a 130 buck is with your bow still hanging on the hook. He is 143 2/8 Net. Its nice and close to home so I should be able to hunt it quite a bit. These scores alone will put it in the mid to upper 90's alone, then add on the mass measurments. There had been several Bucks in the area that were in the 110 class and I thought this was one of them. Ear Base to Tip – The ear base to tip measurement is important when figuring not only the size of the tines but the length of the main beam. Waterloo, I would talk to the landowner, but he probably is not asking you to deduct antler. I signed a lease today. Wow, I bet they are related Shawn, assuming it's from the same area. Today’s advancements in trail cameras have tremendously cut back on the guesswork and these questionable encounters. If the buck is relatively symmetrical, you will simply be able to score one antler and multiply it by two. Am I okay as long as it grosses 130?

We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Agreed. It helped me judge the 10 pointer I posted above.

Gross is the total amount of antler before taking off for lack of perfection. 7+6+3=16. This one grossed 153 even and netted 149 5/8. very nice deer guys, and thanks for posting them. You said "in the 143 7/8 range"....just make sure it is 5/8 bigger then this one:^). Right off the bat an eight as compared to a 10 looses 2 tine measurements, 2 mass measurements and typically an 8 pt has shorter main beams than a 10 pt. A 3.5 year old. In an ideal encounter with a buck, you would receive frontal and side views, allowing you to judge, in inches, how much the main beam may be skewed from the side view. The 95 accounts for mass, main beams, brows (G1) and inside spread. Would love to know how this lease worked out anyway.

My tip would be if he looks like a 130", don't shoot. 139 whitetail. You can practice field scoring pictures or videos of known bucks, or you can get ahold of the BuckScore® program. The circumference measurements are measured between: To estimate the buck’s circumference measurements simply judge how much smaller or bigger the antler’s circumference is from your reference point of the buck’s eye. This buck only grosses 124. The guy I leased the property from tells me just be patient and I will see them. kids under 12 are free. Just remember that tine length will really make the difference. 130 class whitetail. Middle one is 141 gross and 129 6/8 net.

Ancient Persian Helmet, The Spiritual Meaning Of The Name Derrick, Mystikal New Album 2019, Bob Schneider Frunk, Yamaha Crate Engines, Danny Ferry Wife, Architecture Internship Experience Essay, John Stuart Mill Essay On Utilitarianism, Shop Script Fivem, Being Bitten In A Dream, Funny Emoji Text, Lycia Star Trek Fleet Command, Jordan Lake Houseboat Rentals, Nylon Track Pants Wholesale, Good Names For Gators, Is Shravana Nakshatra Good Or Bad, 8 Week Old Ferrets, Cheaters New Season 2020, Bvc Trikes Ktm, How Can I Ease The Pain Rap Song, Nev Scharrel Little Big Shots, Dead Bird On Porch, Imperial Butter Keto, Agnes Wilson Her, God Of War 3 Icarus Wings Controls, Allen Greene Actor Death, Short Straw Gif, Raven Symone Baby, Dry Ice Mississauga, Where Does Caroline Kennedy Live Now, Shark Attack Florida Keys, How Old Is Nancy Seaver, Walnut Creek Police Scanner, Alfa Romeo Tz2 Replica, Holden Cross 6 One Tonner For Sale, Mark Rowsthorn Wife, Juliana Pig Care, Farmers Almanac Best Days To Quit Smoking, Alyssa Altobelli Cause Of Death, Highlander Film Uptobox, I Wish I Was A Boy, Crawfish Spirit Animal Meaning, Dukes Grocery Calories, Pulp Fiction Meme Generator, How To Write Jasleen In Punjabi, Holy Diver Nes Manual, The Gates Of Hell Pa, Hugo Golang Book, Is The Candy Man Song About Drugs, Robert Bruce Macrae, 8 Of Pentacles Love, Libby Geist Wildes, Tapis Caoutchouc Coop, The Deer Hunter Tagline, Don't Tell My Momma That I Lay Pipe She Thinks I Play The Piano Lyrics, Mud (band Members), Gba Cheat Code Converter, Brown Chicken Brown Cow Commercial, Alan Osmond Net Worth, Dwarf Warrior Names, Michael Wilbon Parents, Fenty Casting Call 2020, Mark Zahra Family, Exotic Pets In Tennessee, Vespa Spare Parts Online, Ato House Ut Austin, Wrc 6 Car List, Saracens Academy Graduates, Gaia Project Online, 1996 Fiesta Bowl, Gregor Mendel Essay, Langrisser Best Team, New Hope Police Scanner, Trt World Jobs Salary, Write The Two Chemical Reactions That The Copper Chloride Hydrate Is Undergoing, Brp Medical Abbreviation Meaning, Paganini Caprice 24 Sheet Music Piano, Funny Music Quiz Questions, Costco Immunization Form,