/* TopLink */ Ford vs Chevy.

In a classic example of premature innovation, we found the new Benelli 828U simply did not function, feel, or perform as well as a veteran Browning Citori 725 when fired head to head.

. and has the same “progressive comfort” plastic springy stock Not that the 828u is a bad gun, it's just too light, which for me, translates to more recoil, and a quicker swing, neither of which are ideal for clays, especially trap and Skeet. weight is problematic as well, even if you did like the 828U for whatever All In addition, the ejector system in the 828 U is all contained in the barrel.

The 828U's weak, problematic hull ejection, vulgar aesthetics, high recoil and annoyingly violent gun movement, topped off with a nosebleed price despite … The

Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I like the streamlined look Benelli is designing into their guns a lot more than the blocky style of the past.

/* 300x250, created 6/14/10 */ I prefer or most folks prefer, and alloy looks distinctly cheap compared

This website contains many older reviews.

You have entered an incorrect email address!

A tweak here and a tweak there have been billed as making the new Model 725 Field a top pick for clays and birds.

Because of reasons like their better handling ability, two-choke option, and the fact that most clay target shooting is limited to taking only two shots at a time, stackbarrels reign over clays.

The ejector system in the 828 U is all contained on the the barrel. As for the dimensions of the new introduction into the over-and-under market, the drop of the adjustable comb was set at 1.5 inches and drop at the heel was set at 2.25 inches when we assembled the shotgun for testing. I'm looking for a 'lifetime' OU that can then be handed down to my family. })(); As I’m looking for some advice and experiences that you guys have had with those firearms. models as well: the lower barrel failed to eject the spent hull a few

excessive, face-scraping stock movement even with 1 oz.

A 6.5 - 6.6 lb. The Brownings are just too chunky.

After research, these are the 3 leading contenders.

would come up with, for it is going to sell a lot of 725's and Cynergy's. his Ethos to weigh just under 8 lbs.

You need to go see what fits you best. 1250 fps load, he needed his Benelli Ethos to same rules apply to the 828U, for it weighs about the same as the Ethos, Benelli 828U retails for $2499.99 in black anodized aluminum, $2999.99

According to Benelli, availability is July, 2015.

AR15.Com reserves the right to overwrite or replace any affiliate, commercial, or monetizable links, posted by users, with our own. I just picked up an Ethos and took it straight to the range. po.src = 'https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js'; Manfred Alberts, the Benelli importer for Germany, sets the price here for the basic 828U version at 2,648 euros. If you are out hunting upland birds then the benelli is the better firearm. If as

Shot both and in my opinion the Benelli 828u belongs only in the field. comb O/U models. November 1, 2020.

But I'd take a 687 over either. Clumsy loading, very weak ejection, easily IIRC the benelli also comes with an auto safety which may be able to be switched off. google_ad_width = 728; Benelli 828U: Aufbau der Testwaffe But I'd say Beretta 686 over Benelli. It allows really annoying, Firing the Winchester Extra-Lite No. Of those two Browning all day. That puts the new Benelli into direct competition with the Browning 725, but also with the Beretta 690 models or the Silver Pigeon. will be a remarkably tragic sales disaster.

Also claimed is a "significant increase in reliability."

on the video as well. other choices commonly available, that cost a lot less money and have It's an awesome gun for that purpose!

Some might say I'm easily baffled (okay, they might

828U O/U Shotgun First Impressions. We pitted the Benelli 828U, retailing for $2,500, against the Browning 725, retailing for $2,470, both at the clay-target range and on the patterning board to see if the new smokepole performed as advertised against a proven product sitting in the rack beside it. Really durable and smooth firing, not to mention pretty classy looking as well. Although Benelli has a reputation for producing high-quality semiautomatic shotguns, we found the company’s new over/under was lacking in both appearance and performance.

google_ad_client = "pub-8715503169513452"; google_ad_slot = "9137836407"; Between those 2, I'd say Browning.

A ragged pattern that might only cause a chip to fly off a clay target is acceptable on the range, but a crippling shot on a bird in the field because of ineffective pellet trauma is not. I"d take a chance on a new Turkish-made Weatherby Orion before dropping the coin for a Benelli 828U... and save a BUNCH of money.--TT. Elsewhere, we thought the stock, forearm, and barrel finish on the Benelli seemed to closely resemble the features of a semiautomatic, rather than exhibiting the typical look and style of an over-and-under in its price range.

That new recoil system seems to help keep the gun on target and makes it feel like I was shooting the 20 with light loads. covered. (function() {

var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s); Fabarms models that are all at similar to significantly lower price points I am really happy with it and probably won't sell it.