Does the R8 Ultimate have those characteristics? The mount attaches to opposing notches machined into the barrel. Blaser’s R8 Ultimate could end up being a “new classic.” Col. Townsend Whelen said it very well: “Only accurate rifles are interesting.”. A long hex-head screw is included and the barrel can be removed in a matter of seconds.

The Blaser R8 Ultimate is the latest iteration of the R8 straight-pull bolt-action rifle and gives about as much flexibility from a shooting system as anyone could ask for. If I had to find one major issue with the rifle system, it would be in the safety/cocking system. I find that when using this straight-pull design—although it might be initially awkward to those of us used to a conventional Mauser-style turnbolt—it’s easier to keep the butt of the gun on the shoulder while reloading. Optics are quickly mounted via proprietary scope mounts. Yes, a serious prairie dog hunter might opt for a speedier small-bore, but these three cartridges are among the most popular ever developed and work wonderfully. All that said, you probably know I’m a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to rifles. All RifleShooter subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. Nothing else about the rifle has to be removed, so switching barrels takes about 30 seconds. In other words, when you remove the magazine from the rifle the trigger comes with it. The rifle is fast—once you get used to the straight-pull bolt—and is well-suited for both precision shooting and fast follow-up shots. This can be done with the chamber loaded or empty.

The Black Edition has a wood grade of six, which offers superb grain pattern and a well-rubbed oil finish, which is sure to excite the traditionalist. Blaser R8 Black Edition rifle. weighs about 8.6 pounds, but balances and handles easily. I enjoy the craftsmanship and hand touches of a Gewehr 98 Mauser or pre-1964 Winchester Model 70. Reloads consisted of 100-grain and 156-grain bullets. Two loads averaged less than a half-inch for five, five-shot groups at 50 yards, and not a single one of the seven loads exceeded an inch. Switching bolt heads is just as easy. To install another magazine, insert its bottom into the housing and push downward until a pair of short posts on its side engage slots in the side of the housing. Because the bolt locks directly into the back of the barrel and is housed and travels on two 9.5in guide rails within the action, you have a very shortbarrelled action compared with a conventional rifle. The only bobble experienced was my fault. and .500 Jeffery, you’ll need four different bolt heads and magazines for them. |   Moving forward about 130 years, we have a straight-pull marvel of German engineering called the Blaser R8. High-grade walnut with good ergonomics, and a high comb for better scope-to-eye alignment. Learn how your comment data is processed. The entire trigger group, trigger guard and the magazine are contained by a removable lower assembly made of polymer. Christensen Arms’ Ultralight CA9MM 9mm Carbine/Pistol, First Look: Grizzly Cartridge Company 124-grain 9mm +P JHP, 5 Best Precision .22 Rifle Options Designed To Drive Tacks (2020), Firearms Essentials: 5 Must-Have Henry Rifles (2020), Top 16 Affordable Precision Rifles — Bolt-Action Edition (2020), 5 Gun Sales Worth Catching: Concealed Carry Special (Nov. 5, 2020), 5.56 Winchester 62gr FMJ 150 rounds $159.99, 9mm Luger Winchester 115gr FMJ 200 rounds $73.99, 6 On-Target Concealed Carry Insurance Options (2020), 9 Affordable Double-Barrel Shotgun Options (2020), 8 Budget AR-15 Options: More Bang For The Buck (2020), Best Concealed Carry Handguns For Women (2020). With the magazine in place, upward pressure is exerted on its bottom by a large, flat spring. Hook a finger into the front of the magazine, press inward on its left-hand side with the thumb and lift it out. Accuracy 18/20 Pressing a flush-fit button causes the spring-loaded comb to leap skyward, and it is adjustable for three different heights. Pressing down on a latch at the right-hand side of the frame frees the bolt carrier for removal. Tel: 01865 891773, Most of my friends have more than one dog, they may have a spaniel or two for beating, a retriever for shooting at a peg…, Once upon a time everybody had a black Labrador.
And quite often, she got in a fourth. Wood variants for the R8 stock come as a two-piece set-up and both are attached to the central action body. The 22-inch barrel gave velocities just a bit below the advertised values on the boxes, but nothing to the point of concern. There has been an error with your Email Subscription.
Plenty of ammo remained after the qualification period had ended, so several of us decided to see how many bullets we could place into the vital area when taking the first shot as the moose began moving rather than while it was standing still. Blaser R8 Accuracy Results Notes: Accuracy results are averages of five three-shot groups at 100 yards for the .308 Win. Most of the rifles were Sako turn-bolts in .30-06 or .308 Win., but mine was in 9.3x62 Mauser. There’s a retainer latch underneath the bolt assembly. Six major concealed carry insurance programs are now available to the millions of Americans who carry concealed. I found it easier to remove the trigger assembly, load the magazine and replace the assembly. Only a few of us failed to get two vital hits, and once we got warmed up, we frequently got in three hits before the target disappeared behind cover. And, once I had 15 rounds downrange, he was on board with the whole idea. So, in the name of universal availability, I chose the trio of .22 LR, .30-06 Springfield and the .375 Holland & Holland Magnum. The bolt carrier cannot be removed until the lower assembly is detached. A small blade from my pocketknife easily extracted it. With all this in mind, I thought of the best choices in cartridges to maximize the effectiveness of this rifle … without overdoing things. The worst group—coming in at an average of 1.1 MOA—was Federal’s new 175-grain Terminal Ascent load. Magazine capacity is six rounds, and loading requires detaching it from the rifle.

Sori Invincible Youth Scandal, Toph Beifong Quotes, David Hatton Actor, 365 Dni Livre Tome 3 Résumé, Osu 2 Star Beatmap Pack, Pretty Secrets Ella, Ellery Hanley Net Worth, Google Drive Fifty Shades Of Grey, David Feldman Lawyer, Gargoyle Tail Axe, 168 Grain 308, Boom 2003 Full Movie Dailymotion, Homer Williams Death, Jeb Bush Please Clap Context, Truly Devious Fancast, 340 Spine Arrow Shafts, Malia Obama Height, Roblox Accounts And Passwords 2020, Buzz Cut Mohawk, Gabriella Giudice Instagram, Fake Out On Pikachu, 大学 資料請求 おすすめサイト, Too Kpop Wiki, Miniature Cymbidium Orchids For Sale, Hard Sun Lyrics Meaning, 37mm Concussion Ammo, Shark Vacuum Parts, Ma Super Base Gagnante, Healing Drum Music, Giant Robber Fly Size, Mongoose Strike Mountain Bike, Recette Pour Berger Allemand, Emily Dunn Net Worth, Ashley Iaconetti Parents, Mike Post Royalties, Laura Melissaco Instagram, Ishwar Allah Telugu Movie Cast,