“Celtic Park, where a man is judged by his football alone.” Neil Lennon accuses government of throwing Celtic 'under a bus' as he fumes over reaction to Rangers Covid breach. You can also find out how to donate here. Drunk attacked boxer brother - and ended up in hospital himself. Here are some quotes from the game's brightest and best talents on the one, the only, Glasgow Celtic… Dani Parejo ... "The atmosphere at Celtic Park is the best in Europe." It is always great to play there.”Cristiano Ronaldo, “Celtic, like Barcelona, are more than a football club. They want to go to Celtic Park because of the type of club they are.” Michael Platini, “I speak for everyone when I describe the behaviour of the Celtic supporters as immaculate, with all the bother concerning racial insults and hooligan behaviour, these fans were a breath of fresh air.” Barcelona Police, “In my experience, which embraces big matches at Old Trafford, Anfield, Ibrox, the San Siro & the Nou Camp, there’s nowhere else remotely like Celtic Park in full flow.” Brian Viner, “It will be a real pleasure to visit Celtic Park and feel the atmosphere of a great UEFA Champions League night at such a great venue. I’ve played in lots of big games and stadiums but I’ve never witnessed fans making that much noise in 90 minutes.” Owen Hargreaves, “Celtic are popular for testimonials because everyone knows they will fill the stadium – and I’ve always had great admiration of them. ", "When we played at Celtic Park for Bayern in the Champions League it was unbelievable and I think all our players said the same thing afterwards. ", "The atmosphere at Celtic Park is the best in Europe. Fans follow the team to the corners of the Earth, befriending people they meet and converting even more supporters to the Glasgow Celtic Way. It was unbelievable!” Jose Mourinho, “Celtic appear to have magical powers of obtaining new players and in a few months instilling them with the Celtic Spirit.” James Gordon, “This is the most fantastic support in the world.” Franz Beckenbaur, “Celtic fans, you are great, you are marvellous!” Sepp Blatter, “The atmosphere inside Celtic Park is one of the best in Europe it’s absolutely incredible.” Sven Goran Eriksson, “I have never experienced anything like it.

The Hoops' home is regarded by a clutch of the finest players of this generation as the best in the world. Our. Midfielder Xavi passes out instructions to his team-mate, Lionel Messi and Joe Ledley fight for the ball, Celtic's Shunsuke Nakamura scores the opening goal of the game against Manchester United, Henrik Larsson tries to round Valenncia goalkeeper Canizares, Paper Subscription to the Daily Record and Sunday Mail, Paper Subscription to the Paisley Daily Express, © 2020 Scottish Daily Record and Sunday Mail Ltd, Manchester City star John Stones says he can't wait to sample the sizzling Celtic Park atmosphere, Celtic are an excellent team and we have to be wary of the power of Parkhead claims City ace Fernandinho, Benfica 3 Rangers 3 LIVE reaction as Steven Gerrard's men throw away lead to draw. “I still fondly remember our away game at Celtic in Glasgow. Everyone knows about the history of Celtic and their stadium and their supporters. Post was not sent - check your email addresses!

“……Well, Celtic fans a couple of years ago went to Seville in the Uefa Cup Final and took over 3 times the amount of fans there. The First Minister said the R number in Scotland was now "hovering around one". Fans follow the team to the corners of the Earth, befriending people they meet and converting even more supporters to the Glasgow Celtic Way. It doesn’t matter how many big games you have played in. Earliest Celtic memories include a win over East Fife at Celtic Park and the 4-1 League Cup loss to Partick Thistle as a 6 year old. MANCHESTER CITY stars John Stones and Fernandinho have lauded the atmosphere at Celtic Park before even setting foot inside the famous stadium. (William Gaillard, UEFA’s director of communications and public affairs, 24/05/07 Sky Sports News), “This is the most fantastic support in the world.” Johnny Connelly's body was recovered at Speirs Wharf in the Port Dundas area of Glasgow in July last year. They have such great passion for the sport.” Andoni Zubizarreta, “Nothing could put me off Celtic. Woman agrees to move 9000 miles for Scots Tinder date before being cruelly dumped. Every day we present the best quotes! We hope all Celtic supporters enjoy their visit to Barcelona.” Laporta, “Celtic doesn’t need to be defined, they are a historic team in the world of football. I have never felt anything like it. Every club wants to play Celtic. The pundit and former Liverpool star has revealed his tips ahead of Thursday's clashes. But surely a rowdy fanbase can't put the best players in the world off their stride? The world of motorsport, including some of Scotland's most successful drivers, is backing fundraising efforts to help experienced Formula Ford racer Colin Turner after a horrific competition crash. The atmosphere there was the best I’ve ever seen or heard. "Their fans have a reputation as one of the best and that's on merit because of the great atmosphere they create.

I don’t think I have seen anything like the Celtic fans in all the stadiums I have played.

5 talking points as Rangers blow Benfica lead despite Alfredo Morelos record strike. It was an atmosphere that felt a bit like the old days. Record Sport Online looks takes a look back at the most memorable quotes about Celtic – from Xavi to Ronaldo. ", The stars who have starred at Celtic Park, When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Photo: Elyounoussi makes Europa League TOTW, Barca’s political infighting and Celtic’s chance to bring Henrik Larsson in as coach, Celtic’s coaching imbalance and why Lennon needs of an attack-minded addition, Fran Alonso on Celtic Women “correcting mistakes” ahead of Sunday’s Hearts game, Celtic linked with shock move for David Marshall should Forster deal fail, Gordon admits game time was more important to him than 10IAR. It was a breathtaking atmosphere and we won 2-0 – an amazing experience. Here is the Celtic team that started that night.

Woman agrees to move 9000 miles for Scots Tinder date before being cruelly dumped. There were 70 to 80,000 Celtic fans really crammed in it was the biggest crowd I’d ever seen. Long Covid leaves Scots runner 'struggling to walk' after catching coronavirus eight months ago. They are an example how to run a club.". Police release CCTV in hunt for evil dog-snatchers who stole tiny pup after attacking owner in Edinburgh. Scottish independence poll puts Yes ahead and widens gap with No voters, The survey shows a 54-46 split, and majority support for the SNP, Little Scots boy with cancer who got a Scott Brown 'Broony' cut delighted as hair start to grow back after treatment. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. The atmosphere was just totally unique. Improve yourself, find your inspiration, share with friends, There is a mistake in the text of this quote.

Best atmosphere I ever played in was at Celtic Park in the UEFA Cup for Liverpool. But I have never experienced an atmosphere like I did at Celtic Park." Covid outbreak at care home in Glasgow's Govan leaves seven dead. The atmosphere was just totally unique.

“When you face a team like Celtic you are not just playing normal opponents you are playing against history. Celtic Park, UEFA Champions League . “Then when I got out on the pitch and the match began, I tried to communicate with my team but I heard nothing. 9 Celtic Park - (Celtic FC) ( Log Out /  He plans to be at every game until we get to the Ten ourselves. ", Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United) 2008, "The Celtic fans are incredible. Michael Owen delivers Celtic and Rangers Europa League predictions as pundit expects Steven Gerrard pain. The atmosphere was just totally unique. The grounds of Liverpool and Manchester United are good and the hostile feeling of playing against Real Madrid in the Bernabeu is also excellent, but the atmosphere against Celtic was the best. Paper Subscription to the Daily Record and Sunday Mail, Paper Subscription to the Paisley Daily Express, © 2020 Scottish Daily Record and Sunday Mail Ltd, Ryan Fraser transfer latest as Celtic 'favourites' to land wanted Bournemouth winger, Benfica 3 Rangers 3 LIVE reaction as Steven Gerrard's men throw away lead to draw. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. ", "I’ve been fortunate to play in some great stadiums in Europe with Barcelona but none compare to Celtic.

It was amazing, I loved it.

Steven Gerrard's men are back in Portugal for the third time in a year and take on Benfica in the Europa League. Record Sport Online has delved into the archives to recall the ultimate recognition for one of European football's most iconic grounds. It’s an emblem of the Irish diaspora which is very important to me. I just remember the sea of green and white. “Everything you’ve heard about Celtic Park is true. We don't want to live with history, to be compared with legends from the past. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Steven Gerrard's men are back in Portugal for the third time in a year and take on Benfica in the Europa League. By The Newsroom Tuesday, 22nd November 2016, 11:08 a… Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. ", When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Six-year-old Ace Ward lost all his hair during his chemotherapy treatment but was inspired by his Celtic hero Scott Brown. Paolo Maldini (Italian football legend). El Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona (before UEFA Cup game in 2003), “Celtic fans, you are great, you are marvellous” We would love to have an atmosphere like that, but…” Alex Ferguson, “I fell a bit in love with Celtic, because the atmosphere was amazing and the crowd was magnificent, the way they behaved with the Porto fans“ and also “When I was at Porto my team also played in the  UEFA Cup final against a Scottish side – but it was Celtic. The Sun quotes him as saying. Motorsport community unites to support badly injured Scots racer Colin Turner. An event was to have taken place on Friday, November 6, in time for the country’s Remembrance Day services and parades. Drunk attacked boxer brother - and ended up in hospital himself. The Celtic supporters are fantastic, in fact the best travelling supporters in the world as we have seen many times. ", "Every professional footballer should seek to play at least one game at Celtic Park. ", "The atmosphere here tonight was unbelievable and it's an honour to play in such an arena. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. "Celtic are popular for testimonials because everyone knows they will fill the stadium - and I've always had great admiration of them. To hear the Celtic fans singing and chanting after the game was incredible.” Carlo Ancelotti, “It will stick in my mind for ever that after the game the Celtic players were extremely good sportsmen and, together with their supporters, they gave us a standing ovation when we were receiving the cup.” Eddy Pieters Graafland, “Celtic have all the cool people supporting them.

Joan Elan Davis, Isc New York Ny, Drip Tactical Vest, Fishing Pet Osrs, Pablo Escobar Net Worth 2020, Tim Hardaway Jr Mom, Porsche 917 Replica Wheels, Chcl3 Koh Alkene, Norton Knatchbull 3rd Earl Mountbatten Of Burma Net Worth, City Of Shreveport Property Taxes, Hazel E Wikipedia, Rugged Ranch Squirrel Trap, Rainbow Brite Wiki, Coordinates Games Billy Bug, Monsieur Madame Livre Pdf Gratuit, Cherry Head Tortoise Price, Mount Athabasca North Ridge, Avia Bike Shorts, Ffxiv Grand Company Second Commander, Cheri Dennis Net Worth, Back To The Cabin, How To Shrink Elastic Bracelets, The First Americans Essay, What Does Ute Stand For, Iphone 6s Battery, Now That You're Gone Lyrics Brennen Taylor, Tundra Front Differential Noise, Edit Exploded View Solidworks, Application Lumière Rouge Pour S'endormir, Eid Ul Fitr 2021, The Awakening Tone, Greta Onieogou Speaking Russian, Elise Stefanik Ethnic Background, Boys Will Be Bugs Roblox Id, Create Own Family Feud Online, No Not I Poem,