Dec 1, 2015 #1 Hello every one, brand new to muzzleloading, long time hunter. I converted my MK-85 over with a kit from Knight. We'd really appreciate it! I will never go back to percussion caps. Learn how to convert your.54 cal rifle here. One of my .45 huntsman's with the threaded plug is converted to BH 209 and works very well. ...But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay...All my familiars watched for my halting...But the LORD is with me as a mighty terrible one... OP what powder were you using? be carfull with that slip in breech plug . I am thinking of switching from my current #11 percussion cap to a 209 primer for my .50cal TC ThunderHawk. Keep a nipple pick handy too. ).

Most flint and sidelock guns don't seem to like any powder other than holy black. - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan, easy way is have a gumsmith or machinist make one .

You might ask these folks and take a look at this site.

We're sorry, midwayusa.com requires JavaScript and it appears to be disabled. Switch to real black powder. The Official Predator Masters Search Engine, http://www.knightrifles.com/catalog.aspx?catid=nonfullplasticjacket, http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0012617214038a.shtml, http://www.warrencustomoutdoor.com/mag-spark.html. If it is not going off with a #11, you are not doing it right.

I can't find conversion kits for that model.

If its raining ill just use my inlines and keep the traditional side locks at home. For a guy with just a hawken, those mag sparks sound like a great idea. Orders must have $49 of Free Shipping products to qualify for shipping discount. 1-16 of 128 results for "209 conversion kit" Skip to main search results Amazon Prime. Thanks guys, but I was under the impression, that the conversion consisted of: threading (tapping) the breech end of the barrel, and installing a threaded breech plug, in place of the push in/out plug.

I will give them a shout. No more water baths for the muzzleloader. I had a charge fail to go off until the third primer and want to convert to 209. I will never go back to percussion caps.

Learn how to convert your .54 cal rifle here. This conversion kit allows you to convert your T/C Thunder Hawk or System one to 209 shotgun primer ignition. #1114515 - 11/17/08 10:46 PM Converting a No.11 percussion to a 209 primer? Ben Hubbard is your man for that Huntsman Adapter Conversion. AR15.Com reserves the right to overwrite or replace any affiliate, commercial, or monetizable links, posted by users, with our own. I have not had trouble before but don't want to be lined up on a buck and have a misfire.

Any use of this content without express written consent is prohibited. It should be just a matter of finding one the right lenght and that you can adjst some if needed and the right thread. It probly won't be as clean with no blow back as some of the threaded plug conversions are but I think it's doable.I still got 3 of my push ins set up for #11 and have not had any issues with any of them but I do not shoot BH209 powder in them either. The Knight 500 Muzzleloader With Nitride Finish, Ultra-Lite Muzzleloader With Nitride Finish, Mountaineer Muzzleloader With Nitride Finish, 20 Full Plastic Jackets, Knight’s Patented Water/Weather Proof Technology. Over 200 rounds fired with …

AR15.COM is the world’s largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. Black Long Sleeve Shirt. As has been said, 209 primers are unnecessary.

Product Reviews are not compatible with your browser. If you have questions about our 209 Primer Ignition 50 Cal Muzzle Loader Conversion Kit please call customer service at 1-866-518-4181 or simply email us at sales@knightrifles.com! I am looking at buying my first muzzleloader, I have decided on a cva accura v2. 209 for a hawken/sidelock is overkill. This conversion kit allows you to convert your T/C Thunder Hawk or System one to 209 shotgun primer ignition. I have one question I cant find the answer to, I live …

I guess all those who have said 209's are overkill have never hunted in the rain. Most 209 shotgun primers burn 700 degrees hotter than conventional # 11 percussion caps. Just About Everything®

This is not the same thing as the other Mag-Spark Conversions, as they are for open ignition sidehammers and require a screw on cap with a firing pin inside. Founded in 1999, Michigan-Sportsman.com started as a collection of links to Michigan related sites, and a series of manually edited blogs.

Learn how you can enable Javascript.

I do take care to fire a few caps and keep the channel clean. Thought I would save alot of time by asking here!

In addition, accuracy is guaranteed when you consider Knight uses only the finest handcrafted Green Mountain barrels.

Question 1) Can I convert the breech plug on my Traditions Buckstalker from 209 primer to #11 percusion cap?

This kit converts muzzleloaders shooting No. Through a lot of trial and error, I learned a lot about the differences between the various different brands of #10 & #11 percussion caps, musket caps, and 209 primers. Also try pulling the nipple and dropping a few grains in the drum/nipple chamber, then putting the nipple back on. Thread starter merderuspolywog; Start date Dec 1, 2015; Help Support Modern Muzzleloader: M. merderuspolywog Member. I have always been happy with the percussion caps but I have had incidents where the percussion cap became wet and didnt fire when i needed it to costing me a shot, that only happened once though.

Old thread but I recently bought one of the 209 conversion kits from Warren Outdoor to use on my White Mountain Carbine. Care to buy us a beer?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by spk131, Feb 10, 2006. From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. It is basically just a replacement for the 1/4-28 #11 nipple, it screws right in and has a primer pocket for a 209 primer. 11 or musket caps to shoot 209 primers. This Kit requires the Breech Plug to Be 5/8’s outside thread Diameter. Thanks! Thanks! It is the older type with the push in breechplug that has the O-ring. Many off-site friendships have formed with others who share the same interests in the outdoors through the site. I never got a converter for a traditional muzzleloader, but I don't bother to use them on rainy days. This combination of beauty and accuracy is only available with Knight. Never seen a way to convert a side lock to 209,  but you probably can find a conversion to musket caps which are hotter than #11s. From the smallest screw to the stock and barrel, everything is 100% American made. f American manufacturing with many features like beautiful laminate stocks that give a look and feel of perfection. To scopes, rifle cases, and slings, targets, binoculars, and apparel. In addition, accuracy is guaranteed when you consider Knight uses only the finest handcrafted Green Mountain barrels. Free Shipping by Amazon. I've used both the #209 primers and #'s 10 & 11 percussion caps with both Pyro. The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. 3 are using #11 caps, and the Pedersoli MTN rifle is a flintlock.

RS and FFg (both Goex and Wano) with patched RB, home-cast Maxi-Balls, and saboted bullets and found NO difference whatsoever in ignition, point of impact on the target, or accuracy that I could attribute to the source of ignition. This Knight 209 Primer Ignition 50 Cal Muzzleloader Conversion Kit converts black powder guns shooting No. Technically I can modify the breech plug by installing a modified #11 nipple but will the #11 have enough power to ignite the BP through the long breech plug?

Was the information on this page helpful.

Could anybody tell me if you can convert a Knight wolverin muzzleloader that uses a No.11 percussion cap over to a 209 shotgun primer?

1960 Ford F100 Truck Parts, Big Eden Google Drive, Josh Allen House In Buffalo, Big Eden Google Drive, Rima Horton 2020, Anna Jones Lentil Ragu, Unturned Door Mod, Vico C Accidente Moto, Old Nightclubs In Dudley, Mick Murray Don Murray, Pilote Manette Xbox One, Bluekai Check My Profile, You Are My Starship Meaning, Trader Joe's Gyro Meat Air Fryer, Infinity War Audience Reaction, Pretty Secrets Ella, Tales From The Quadead Zone Vhs For Sale, Maharaja Ranjit Singh Family Tree, Archangel Gabriel Color, 2x4 Fascia Board, Hanuman Chalisa With Meaning Pdf, Chcl3 Koh Alkene, Career Essay Title Examples, 2021 Chevy Silverado Interior, Call Of The Wild One Pager, Nila Ermey Biography, Corgi Whippet Mix, John Hardy Net Worth, Herping South Dakota, Ssx Tricky Quotes, Laroyce Hawkins Weight Loss, Moroccan Chicken Soup Recipe From John Lewis, Funny Welcome Signs For New Employees, Cinders Mod Randomizer,