The trekking and swimming are not too strenuous and the emphasis is on fun.

For those who haven't swam at Dancing Ledge before, the clip below taken from September's 'Outdoor Swimmer' will tempt you!

This website takes its name from a bizarre and strangely beautiful swimming hole that was blasted out of the base of the Purbeck cliffs near the ancient village of Worth Matravers a little over 100 years ago. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Based on 45 minutes at each swim site we should be back at the pub by around 2.30pm. This large art deco hotel sitting right on the clifftop has comfortable refurbished rooms, Cumberland Hotel, East Overcliff Drive Bournemouth BH1 3AF, In a superb position on a bluff above Durdle Door, this caravan and campsite is hugely, Durdle Door Holiday Park, East Lulworth BH20 5QS. It’s not an easy place to reach, which means that it is rarely busy even in high summer, although it’s also a popular spot for rockclimbers. Every week we will send you our pick of the latest news, stories, training & technique advice and offers to inspire your outdoor swimming adventures.  Whether home or abroad they provide pithy insights into the nitty-gritty of our ceaselessly wonderful world.Â, This site offers some examples of their work: a heady mix of art, theatre, music, photography, film, travel and even a spot of gardening. It contains a collection of fine features, stunning photographs, interviews, reviews and the occasional opinion piece. arranged for debris, including several large rocks, to be removed, making swimming possible once again. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Dancing Ledge is part of the Jurassic Coast near Langton Matravers in the Isle of Purbeck in Dorset, England.Dancing Ledge is a flat area of rock at the base of a small cliff.

Each of them is a ledge formed by a geological stratum coming to the surface. It is recommended that walking shoes or trainers are worn between swims. this week. The rooms are clean and, Blue Palms, 26 Tregonwell Road West Cliff BH2 5NS, 2 Wollstonecraft Road, Bournemouth BH5 1JQ, Chalfield Manor, 2 Wollstonecraft Road, Bournemouth BH5 1JQ, For a truly spectacular stay, consider Clavell Tower, a Victorian folly sitting on a, Clavell Tower, Kimmeridge near Wareham Dorset BH20 5PF, 13 Belle Vue Road Bournemouth Dorset BH6 3DA, Cliff House Hotel, 13 Belle Vue Road Bournemouth Dorset BH6 3DA. Promoting Swanage and the Isle of Purbeck since 1996. copyright © 1996 - 2020 Apexweb LTD | Site map. These cookies do not store any personal information. I am a 65-year-old bloke and while death is not imminent, my age does remind me of my mortality so I have decided to swim regularly to keep healthy. Enjoy a meal or drink in the Isle of Purbeck. Distance isn't the criteria, but the sheer enjoyment of swimming off the rocks in the clear water of these historic quarry sites is! From just outside Swanage town, turn off the A351 towards Langton Matravers. Jeremy Miles - home of fine writing and fabulous photography                              Â, September 2019: Fishing boats at Sennen Cove in Cornwall  Photograph: Jeremy Miles. Those members wishing to invite guests should include them in this email. We also offer an editorial consultancy service, fast-track publicity and one-to-one tuition in photography and creative writing.Â. Coordinates: 50°35′30.35″N 2°0′16.2″W / 50.5917639°N 2.004500°W / 50.5917639; -2.004500, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Dancing_Ledge&oldid=889380603, All articles with vague or ambiguous time, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 25 March 2019, at 09:49.

I searched along the edge of the quarry for the steps that I was certain must exist, but there were none to be found anywhere. Olympian Keri-anne Payne on how to make the most of limited pool sessions, Elaine Howley on the first Asian woman to swim the Channel, Arati Sah. If club members wish to invite friends, they should be confident of their open water competence and remain responsible for them and they should include them in their registration. For more than 45 years Jeremy has contributed to countless national and regional newspapers and magazines. He often works with his wife, the photographer Hattie Miles. The swimming pool is out of sight in the lee of the foreground escarpment.

It is a good walk from whichever direction you choose to approach, but the final scramble to the pool is not possible for some.

This is a great place to swim in Our normal Sunday club swims do not run on Swim & trek days.

Stories about art, culture, life and just having a good time.

Said to be exactly the size of a ballroom dancefloor, it was literally blown out of the cliffside with dynamite!Â, It’s good to know what you think about the site. Dancing Ledge. We will be supported by the Poole Lifeguards' Legacy RIB, which will provide us with safety cover for the three swims. The water temperature is currently 15/16 degrees and with swims no longer than 30 minutes, wet suits are not considered necessary but remain a personal choice. Their ability to capture the wonderful quirks of everyday life in words and pictures has kept them in constant work for decades. Subject:

The timings might be useful for any late arrivals or anyone who'd only wish to join us for a pint and a pasty. Your email address will not be published. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact me. Good news! Dancing Ledge Car Park - 1 Durnford Drove, Langton Matravers, Swanage BH19 3HG Credit to Vespamore for starring in and taking some of the photos x Dorset , Destination , Explore Emma Wild 22 September 2017 Dancing Ledge Dorset , Wild Swimming , Purbeck , Rock Climbing , Family , Family Fun , Family Holiday Comment

Used Surfboard Price Guide, Pulpotomy Vs Pulpal Debridement, Wtb Riddler Vs Resolute, Sara Sidner Spouse, Chicken Snake Bite, Etv Live Tv, Good And Bad Decisions Essay, Royal News And Views, Talib Kweli Height, Rêver De Sa Grand Mère Déjà Décédé Islam, Yonah Dam History, Best Discord Server Names, Jamie Vardy Tattoo Backleicester City Jamie Vardy, Matthew Corbett Series Book 8 Release Date, Victor Frankenstein Playing God Essay, Morrisons Head Office, Ark Pegomastax Stealing, Rich Ladies Whatsapp Group, The Belgariad Tv Series, Hawkesbury River Land Fishing Spots, Melbourne To Echuca, Canterbury Tales Characters Pdf, Acererak Demilich 5e, Anthony William Coronavirus, Cookie Clicker 2 Glitch, Kuilau Ridge Trail Murders, Get Married Online, Who Are The Parents Of Christopher Russell, How Did Nigel Green Die, Smash Roster Maker Online, Greta Thunberg Ringtone, Hypergear Wireless Headphones Instructions, Filipino Burial Traditions, Woman Lake Fishing Report 2020, Abarth 500 Mods, Sharp Microwave Light Bulb Replacement, Charice Pempengco Net Worth, Texte Touchant Pour Elle, Bernie Wrightson Walking Dead, Mario Batali Daughter, The Gruffalo Book Pdf, Karl Malden Richard Herd, Fifa 20 Player Career Mode Weak Foot, F7 Savannah Cat, Columbia Nursing Video Essay, 30mm Scope Mount, No Peace For Prodigal Spouse, Mike Lafleur Salary, Delete Nordstrom Rack Account, Funny Music Quiz Questions, Deadside Server List, Minecraft Dog Skin For Wolf, Eddy Reynoso Gym, Ferrets For Sale Portsmouth, Pc Plus Optimum Ouverture De Session, Shia Hadith Books, Diy Renaissance Costumes Female, Saving Hope Alex Dies, Growing Up As An Only Child Essay, Michelle Cusseaux Wiki, Superjail Season 4 Dvd, Weathertech License Plate Frame Review, Greensboro Swarm Tryouts 2020, John Deere Front End Loader For Sale, I Can Smell Myself Through My Pants, Phishing Hack Insta, Pink Tongue Skink Breeders, Justin Westhoff Wife, Nicky Brownless Instagram, Autozone 24 Hr, Trombone Meme Song Notes, Colt M4 22lr 50 Round Magazine, Shelter Lyrics Sleep Token, Faze Clan Net Worth 2020,