This phone call is the beginning of the most heart-breaking of the Triple Threat Club’s cases. Their desire to see justice done when a crime is committed helped them form a bond and a close friendship after graduation. There are no chapters that drag, and it is constantly on the go with suspense.

Well, this book definitely kept me on the edge of my seat! While the investigation takes her places she doesn't want to go, she is after the truth.

Out of the three that I have finished, this is my favorite!

I didn’t want to put it down and I found myself staying up until the wee hours just to get as much reading as I could in. After he went completely blind he investigated a popular Mayor for theft and perjury.

Cabezas's life story has both. He was a Baltimore city policeman and later an investigator for the State Attorney's Office.

CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (December 7, 2018), Cabezas (ex-cop, ex-state investigator) Writes Some Baltimore History, Reviewed in the United States on January 21, 2019. Ever resourceful, he became Maryland’s first investigator of political corruption.Jim needed no gun to catch councilmen and sheriffs robbing campaign coffers, a county executive coercing police to conceal his sexual escapades, businessmen stealing millions from school funds, a judge and a gubernatorial aid taking bribes, and Baltimore’s comptroller swindling the city through a fake employee. Refresh and try again. I bought this audiobook when it was on sale and look for books to listen to in my care because I have a long commute to work.

I had read book one in this series titled, Face of Betrayal and I was curious how things worked out for this team. Best Christian Suspense/SF Novels of 2012, John Grisham's Recommended Thriller Reading List. In this newest installment of the "Triple Threat Club," one of them is murdered. Ever resourceful, he became Maryland’s first investigator of political corruption.Jim needed no gun to catch councilmen and sheriffs robbing campaign coffers, a county executive coercing police to conceal his sexual escapades, businessmen stealing millions from school funds, a judge and a gubernatorial aid taking bribes, and Baltimore’s comptroller swindling the city through a fake employee. Eyes of Justice: A Career Crime Fighter Battles Corruption...and Blindness A Memoir.

With his eyesight deteriorating, Jim defied a government doctor who ordered him to stop working. I bought this audiobook when it was on sale and look for books to listen to in my care because I have a long commute to work.

It starts when one of them receives a phone call about The Portland Police Bureau (PPB) and a possible cover up they implemented. BUY THE BOOK Amazon; IndieBound; The Triple Threat Club has solved intense mysteries before… but this time it’s personal. His experiences in law enforcement alone would have made for a terrific read, but his personal battle makes this memoir all the more resonant. The Triple Threat was how they would always refer to themselves. I was excited to see that my wish of Allison getting pregnant again came true! We work hard to protect your security and privacy. A little pathetic that the victims defied honoring their roles as prosecutor and FBI agent throughout the entire book until the final scene.

There was a problem loading your book clubs. He performed his duty relentlessly, despite interference from corrupt, racist and inept cops.While the world’s finest eye doctors kept him from going blind, Jim worked as a deep covert, driving a cab in Baltimore’s notorious red light district. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. His story of personal challenges and triumphs is as engaging as his stories of incredible corruption and hubris among public servants at every level of government.

Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Wised Up: A Reformed Mobster's Confessional Memoir - Second Edition Updated With a New Chapter and…, Biographies of People with Disabilities (Books), © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. A new character arrives on the scene. Why are Cassidy, Allison, and Nicole targets?

Now I definitely want to read the others. My attention was pulled in with the first chapter, and I was immersed.

Now this caller is saying there is a cover up in the police department and will only talk to her because she was fair. I found it hard to put this book down, pulled along by one fascinating story after another. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account.

A memoir of the life of James Cabezas who spent about 40 years fighting crime and corruption in Baltimore, Maryland. However, it was a great ending and well written.

The person who receives the phone call promises to meet the caller at her home. That's a shame because the experiences of Mr. Cabeza's personal and professional lives deserve better. Start by marking “Eyes of Justice: A Career Crime Fighter Battles Corruption...and Blindness A Memoir” as Want to Read: Error rating book. In this book, Jim Cabezas tells the stories of his life growing up in an immigrant working-class family in Baltimore and of his career witnessing and rooting out corruption among public officials in Maryland. Will the killer discover who she is and mark her for murder too?

Lis Wiehl’s Triple Threat series takes a very unexpected turn! To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. Oustanding account of a brave officer's live undercover.

A dramatic story of a man's battle to treach the top of his profession and remain there for many years, all the while battling a childhood disease that slowly but inevitably cost him his eyesight, Reviewed in the United States on December 13, 2018. With his eyesight deteriorating, Jim defied a government doctor who ordered him to stop working. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. I hated that this was the end and that so many people died.

Lis Wiehl with April Henry in their new book, “Eyes of Justice” Book Four in the Triple Threat series published by Thomas Nelson pits the Triple Threat ladies against their most personal adversary. This is the first book I’ve read in the series, and it is very well done. Start by marking “Eyes of Justice (Triple Threat, #4)” as Want to Read: Error rating book. I didn’t want to put it down and I found mys. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App.

They frequently get together to talk about their cases, their lives, and to share decadent desserts like “Triple Threat Chocolate Cake.” Then, one evening Cassidy receives an anonymous tip regarding a police cover-up of what really happened during a shooting. I began reading these because of another more "paranormal" series written by Ms. Wiehl. The message is clear, each person is unique. Cassidy agrees to meet the caller. He was a Baltimore city policeman and later an investigator for the State Attorney's Office. --Robert Rohrbaugh, Former Maryland State Prosecutor, I Got a Monster: The Rise and Fall of America's Most Corrupt Police Squad, The Ghosts of Johns Hopkins: The Life and Legacy that Shaped an American City, Wised Up: A Reformed Mobster's Confessional Memoir - Second Edition Updated With a New Chapter and More Photos, When the Crowd Didn't Roar: How Baseball’s Strangest Game Ever Gave a Broken City Hope. I had read book one in this series titled, Face of Betrayal and I was curious how things worked out for this team. Time will tell... Series is over when the main characters start getting killed off. Tense and surprising, you never know what will happen next in the lives of the three “Triple Threat” friends. The Triple Threat are down to two friends, will they find justice for their friend’s murder before it’s too late? Reviewed in the United States on January 11, 2019.

With his vision intact, Jim proudly wore a police uniform, tracking drug dealers, thieves, and an armed robber in the precarious days before Baltimore cops wore bullet proof vests. This means that justice is objective. At times it seemed as though I was immersed in a movie of his life as an invisible observer sharing his experiences, hurts, and doubts. This book grabs you from page one and doesn’t let go.

Despite a childhood affliction that left James Cabezas with the grim knowledge that he might one day go blind, he led a courageous career in law enforcement for more than four decades. This last story is a more violent.

There was too much information that didn't really apply to the story line.

Welcome back. Joan Jacobson’s done a wonderful job telling it.”--Michael Olesker, Author and JournalistA riveting true-life story of a street cop who overcomes blindness to become Maryland’s chief political corruption investigator during one of the darkest days in Baltimore’s history – the downfall of Mayor Sheila Dixon. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Cassidy Ex Boyfriend was a cop, he changed he became controlling with well timed burst of violence, she went public about it. He performed his duty relentlessly, despite interference from corrupt, racist and inept cops.While the world’s finest eye doctors kept him from going blind, Jim worked as a deep covert, driving a cab in Baltimore’s notorious red light district. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon.

This was a great ending to the Triple Threat novels. Despite public outcry against the inquiry, the mayor was convicted and forced to resign.Eyes of Justice is a memoir of one man’s faith and devotion to duty who refused to be defined by his disability.

Enjoyed the first three books of the series enough to seek out this one (plus I had seen the teaser that one of the 3 main characters in the Triple Threat Club gets killed in this book, so naturally I was curious). This book is a must-read for senior law enforcement leaders and young officers alike. Is this fourth novel the end of the series? Eyes of Justice A Career Crime Fighter Battles Corruption . Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.

Lis Wiehl and April Henry have outdone themselves yet again. It seems that Cassidy is on to something as the hot tip turns into something bigger than the Triple Threat group can handle alone. There were many twists and turns that kept me coming back.

It starts when one of them receives a phone call about The Portland Police Bureau (PPB) and a possible cover up they implemented.

When one of the Triple Threat is murdered, all eyes turn to justice. Eyes of Justice. The first book wasn’t too graphic with describing the crime scenes and how people were murdered in the story. When I picked up this book, I was expecting a story more like the last one I read.

There's a problem loading this menu right now. In his career, this dedicated man with a profound sense of justice worked on cases ranging from the secret recording of Monica Lewinski by Linda Tripp to the conviction of Baltimore Mayor Sheila Dixon for perjury and misconduct in office. Lis Wiehl and April Henry did it again.

A memoir of the life of James Cabezas who spent about 40 years fighting crime and corruption in Baltimore, Maryland. --David Simon, executive producer The Wire, The DeuceJim Cabezas is a true rarity, someone with a unique story to share.

Out of the three that I have finished, this is my favorite! Lis Wiehl hosted the podcast Pursuit of Justice with Lis Wiehl and until recently was an adjunct professor of Law at New York Law School. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. That all happened, but I wasn't prepared for one of the main characters to become a victim.

Metro Jail Docket Room, Alicia Keys Net Worth 2020 Forbes, Travefy Vs Travel Joy, Waqia E Karbala In Urdu, Horror Noire: A History Of Black Horror Putlockers, Why Did Nicole Petallides Leave Fox, Nemo Wagontop 4p, Superimposed Medical Definition, Mike Lafleur Salary, Rockville Amp Good Or Bad, Faith Hedgepeth Crime Scene Photos, Allen Greene Actor Death, Ajai Sanders Net Worth, Rebecca Metz Height, Gwen And Jill Stefani, Katrina Greer Obituary Canada, Will Short People Go To Heaven, Ifruit Login Failed, Dear John Letter Ww2, Petite Roulotte Aerolite, Hazbin Hotel Valentino, Mountain Dew Commercial Cast, Parkour Games Online, Does The Dog Die In Spenser Confidential,