This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn About Wildlife The nicest thing about hanging CD’s around your yard is that they flash and keep all the deer, rabbits etc. Because of the size of the CDs, I wanted to use something large and shiny for the body of the chime, to keep things in proportion and similar. You can hang these on your porch or throughout your yard.

For some reason I have never thought of attaching them to the lid! Take a minute to ensure any loose ends of fishing line are tucked in and hidden underneath the lid. This was the first time it had ever occurred to me too! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Check your local library or the internet for other fun projects. Space the holes fairly evenly around the edge of the can. This is really easy to do! The bottom. I used different materials and ribbons to create a variety. Filed Under: Spring Crafts Tagged With: cds, recycled, sharpies, wind chimes. I am also cutting a piece of material to cover the tin can. Repeat until all cds are attached to the lid. Cut long strips of plastic and glue around the bottom inside of the windsock. Thanks so much for sharing at the OPP .

First make the ring for the mouth of the wind sock.

Another variation and so you don’t have to find another lid. Using an inexpensive tubing cutter or a fine-blade hack saw, cut the 1/4" copper tubing to 31 1/2" in length . I knew immediately we had to use them outdoors, because of how beautiful they would look spinning in the wind, reflecting the sunshine. I love decorating my porch and I like to hang smaller items from the roof of my porch with command hooks. I will change out the items on my porch for different seasons and holidays. Carefully make two holes in top of can. Great ideas, Lynn!

Cut long strips of plastic and glue around the bottom inside of the windsock. The holes should be directly across from each other. Thank you for sharing. I discovered that CDs work beautifully, so I had the toddlers and preschoolers in my daycare coloured up a whole bunch of them.

© Copyright 2020 | The Shabby Tree | Designed by, Christmas Gift Ideas That Can Be Given To Almost Anyone. How to make a windsock.

Some can be scared away with a simple windsock. Resources For Feed yarn, wire or string through the punched holes, and tie a knot at the end. Yay! I am using material to cover my can but you can also paint your can. 1. Your email address will not be published. Once you have all your ribbons and material cut it is time to start adding them to your can. There are a number of creative ways to keep wildlife out of your garden. Use a hammer and nail. I used different materials and ribbons to create a variety. Go. This project is in the kid-friendly Halloween category. This is such a quick and easy item to create and I hope you will all give it a try. Crafts and Activities for Toddlers and Preschoolers to Tweens. If you’re working in a group, everyone can decorate and contribute their own CD chime to the project, and an older child can work on decorating the coffee can while the younger children are colouring their CDs. You’re ready to hang your gorgeous wind chimes!

Oh how I love wind chimes!! She began blogging in 2011, and today, Happy Hooligans inspires more than 2 million parents, caregivers and Early Years Professionals all over the globe. Carefully make two holes in top of can. Check out some of our other Sharpie projects to see why! Living with Wildlife

Tin can (you can use any size tin can).

Why you could hang a ‘theme’ from each tree….fish like an aquarium under one… birds under another. That’s it! Hange a few in weird spots…near blueberries etc. Volunteer Hang and enjoy!

The woodchuck, the groundhog, the whistle-pig -- whatever you call him, you have to admit he is a great tunneler. The Humane Society Wildlife Land Trust® is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, tax identification number 52-1808517. You can create these in so many different ways. Our usual 4th of July decor is pretty sparse, so this is a great way to add some decoration to the lawn. You can hang these on your porch or throughout your yard.

I just eye-balled it. 25+preschool activities by 25 bloggers, 10 printables, 50 links to activities not featured in the book all for $8.99!

I’m going to do this craft!! In one coffee can lid, punch as many holes as you have CDs. I love the idea of creating themes! When they are hanging from the outer edge of your yard the animals don’t get close enough to yard garden to care!

So glad we inspired you, Shelley! You will need to add a hanger to your can. The 6 sections were exactly what we needed for using all the colours of the rainbow, and using a couple of coffee can lids on the top and bottom of the can meant I required no tools to put this baby together! Learn how to make a colourful homemade wind chime for your backyard with a coffee can and CDs or DVDs.. Here’s a set of homemade wind chimes for kids to make for Father’s Day for a Dad who love music and coffee.

They’re really versatile, and upcycling them into an ornament that can be enjoyed for years is a great way to keep them out of the landfill. Recently, after making our Tie Dyed Sharpie Bookmarks for Mother’s Day, I started experimenting with Sharpies to see what other smooth surfaces we could create some neat art with. Learn how your comment data is processed. We took our chimes outside and hung them in a tree beside the playhouse where the children can enjoy them. Jackie is a mom, wife, home daycare provider, and the creative spirit behind Happy Hooligans. Your email address will not be published. Cut a length of fishing line, and slip one end through the hole of a cd and through a hole in the coffee can lid. Once your cds and can are coloured, you’ll need to put everything together. Best Books for Boys – 40+ Fantastic Reads for Boys ages 8-16, 75+ Best Chapter Books for Girls Ages 5-13, « Turning Grapes into Raisins – Science for Kids. I am adding a piece of twine.

She specializes in kids’ crafts and activities, easy recipes, and parenting. This project is simple, and the only tool you’ll require is a one-hole paper punch! I hope Nana enjoys it! Feed yarn, wire or string through the punched holes, and tie a knot at the end. You can punch holes in the sides of your can to tie the twine or you can glue the twine to the can. © 2020 The Humane Society Wildlife Land Trust.

Pop this lid on the bottom of the can. You can use material to cover the can or you can paint your can. Well illustrated #Outdoorplayparty, Sooo pretty!

I also really love crafting with Sharpies! Yay! Summer Stars Deck Ornaments – twig ornament. Become a Member DIY for Kids To hang the can, take the other lid and punch 2 holes – one across from the other near the edge of the lid. The first thing is to cut a pice of material to fit around your can. Sounds too good to be true, but it’s not! A lovely and fun idea. Great idea. It could be a great gift for kids to make for Mother’s Day too, or for anyone who loves their coffee and their music..

Tie a knot up near the lid.

Thanks. "Wildlife Land Trust" is a registered trademark. There is a bit of a wait with all the paint drying but you can put together this Ghost Windsock in an afternoon.. My original plan was to make these glow but after several failures I decided they were fine in their natural state. They look amazing spinning in the wind, and they sound so lovely too! Paint, draw, color, and add stickers to the can. With the can open at the top you could put at small plant in it as well as the colorful chimes underneath.

Lay the can on the ground so you can keep the side flat when you hammer the nail through at an angle so the can doesn’t get bent.

Learn how to make a colourful homemade wind chime for your backyard with a coffee can and CDs or DVDs.

It could be a great gift for kids to make for Mother’s Day too, or for anyone who loves their coffee and their music. The holes should be directly across from each other. A coffee can fit the bill perfectly.

Let me show you just how easy this was to make and put together! Put 4 holes the you could bring your strings together to hang it up on one loop.

You can create these in so many different ways. These wind chimes are a great project for kids of all ages, and they work well as a group project too. The first thing is to cut your strips of material or ribbon.

Obviously our windsock is going to be pretty simple to put together, and we don’t want it scaring the neighbors, so no angry eyes.

I staggered the cds so they weren’t all hanging at the same level. by blewis | May 5, 2020 | Uncategorized | 0 comments. Once the hanger is in place I glued the material around the can and then I glued the ribbons to the inside of the can. These will be hanging from the can and can be cut any size length you want. That’s right. great gift for kids to make for Mother’s Day, yone can decorate and contribute their own CD chime. Contributions to the Trust are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. Beautiful idea- thank you! We Just finished ours for a birthday gift.

This is such a quick and easy item to create and I hope you will all give it a try.

CDs are great for crafting with! Required fields are marked *. No need to measure. We have been doing a few crafts with recycled items here at The Shabby Tree and I knew I could create something fun and easy with a tin can. Paint, draw, color, and add stickers to the can. Knot it and pop the lid back on the can. Here’s a set of homemade wind chimes for kids to make for Father’s Day for a Dad who love music and coffee.

By the way, I really enjoy your website. Nana will be so thrilled! It was easy enough to colour. Thread a piece of fishing line through the holes. That’s how I came up with the idea for homemade wind chimes! Summer is here and I seem to be outside on my porch a lot.

Mice In Ohio, Tyler Lockett Brother, Caroline Catz Age, Spider Man Secret War Suit, White Peach Tree, Bluehaven French Bulldogs, Meteor Shower Arizona 2020, Aokiji After Timeskip, Patron Romper évolutif, Zombie Lord Mtg, Snake Print Fashion Quotes, Shooting In Massapequa Today, Nursing Interview Questions And Answers Conflict Resolution, Spongebob Movie Streaming, Blokey Bloke Australia, Wax Worms For Sale Bulk, Cat Dissection Muscles Quizlet, Costco Shout Stain Remover, John Liles Obituary, Active Warrants Mn, Sans Boss Fight Music Remix, Edgefs Vs Ceph, Matt Henry Actor, Android Wallpaper Changes By Itself, Picture Of A Male, Persephone Astrology Calculator, Hasan Piker Janice, Astrology Calendar App, Bruce Yoder Bellevue City Council, Max Domi Sister, Strava Not Recording Distance, Libro Coquito Para Aprender A Leer Pdf, Head Shake Emoji, Fallbrook Village News Obituaries, Is Collin Martin Single, Like Me Lil Uzi Vert Spotify, Baikal 22 Rifle, Ucmj Article 115, Olivia De Havilland Grandchildren, How To Play Baba Yaga Smite, The Maine You Are Ok Album Cover Model, Subnautica How To Get To The Lost River With Cyclops, Naltrexone Reviews Reddit, Behemoth Mount Ffxiv, Texas Raccoon Pet Laws, Mothman Movie Cast, Algebra And Trigonometry 6th Edition Pdf, Heather Carmillia Joseph, How To Clone A Cell Phone Text Messages, Porsche 944 Racing Body Kits And Wings, Filipino Slang Bad Words, 7 Dimensions Of Heaven, 51r Battery Walmart Value Power, Miyama Stag Beetle White Eyes, Roadmaster Granite Peak Replacement Parts, Edge Of Seventeen 1998 Google Drive, Kalashnikov Pistol Price, Jill Mansell Husband, Persona 3 Quest 23, Great White Tooth, Arsenal Invincibles Team Starting 11, Iceberg Rapper Songs, Bart Dancing Gif, Take Care In Ilonggo, Flying Piscivore Definition, Travis Maldonado Death Reddit, Names For Fanpages, Who Is Hal In The Call Of The Wild, Cassie And Colton, Tig Notaro Age, Fairbanks Morse Kickstarter, Dalmatian Puppies For Sale In Bay Area, Necron 99 Wizards, Nagpuri Dj Dance 2020, Stupid Lyrics By 69, Jj Redick Salary, Danny Ferry Wife, What Happened To Renee Bargh, Ross County Fc Tv, Veere Di Wedding Full Movie Online Hotstar, Josie Trinidad Biography, The Dance Painting, Message For Favourite Actor, Arie Name Meaning, Siddhartha's Quest For Enlightenment, Doomguy Voice Lines Doom Eternal, Costco Sunsetter Promo Code, Beverley O'connor South Africa, Gbf Grid Builder, Freya Symbol Rune, Kia Uvo Not Working, Used Rc Nitro Engines For Sale, Richest Marathi Businessmen, Comment Voir Son Historique Tiktok, Run Chords Joji, Feprom Vs Eeprom,