The TLE shop is also now open, with all profits going to supporting our work. As a subscriber, you are shown 80% less display advertising when reading our articles. Angered parent confronts Boris Johnson at hospital over NHS cuts, BBC defends Kuenssberg over tweet about father who criticised Johnson, a barrage of online abuse was directed at Mr Salem, You may not agree with our views, or other users’, but please respond to them respectfully, Swearing, personal abuse, racism, sexism, homophobia and other discriminatory or inciteful language is not acceptable, Do not impersonate other users or reveal private information about third parties, We reserve the right to delete inappropriate posts and ban offending users without notification. You can find our Community Guidelines in full here. Journalism in Britain is under threat. Ms Kuenssberg, the BBC’s political editor, caused the father of a sick one-week-old girl to be dogpiled by supporters of Conservative prime minister Boris Johnson (yes, apparently some still exist) when she tweeted that Omar Salem was a “Labour activist”. ", On Twitter, Salem said his seven-day-old daughter had been admitted in a "gravely ill" state. He said: "Boris Johnson had the temerity to come to @WhippsCrossHosp for a press opportunity on the children's ward that my 7 day old daughter is on, having been admitted to A&E yesterday gravely ill.", Another very, very awkward encounter for PM - taken to task by a parent on a children’s ward in London where he says repeatedly the ‘NHS has been destroyed’ - Johnson like rabbit in headlights pic.twitter.com/byRiXlD0ig, Turns out the man who challenged the PM is also a Labour activist. Omar Salem tackled the Prime Minister as Johnson visited Whipps Cross University Hospital in north-east London.

BBC defends Laura Kuenssberg over tweet about father who criticised Boris Johnson in hospital.

These adverts enable local businesses to get in front of their target audience – the local community. She cannot be allowed to get away with this sort of thing any longer. Former Scottish Parliament presiding officer Tricia Marwick responded: @bbclaurak You really need to find a soul and some empathy. The editor of the BBC’s live politics programmes, including Politics Live, has made a fool of himself trying to defend Laura Kuenssberg.

“The NHS has been destroyed … and now you come here for a press opportunity.”, However, Omar Salem has said the BBC political editor was doing her job ‘without fear or favour’. All Rights Reserved. But we can't do it without you.

It is vital that free media is allowed to exist to expose hypocrisy, corruption, wrongdoing and abuse of power. A father with a very ill baby. Kuenssberg then posted a link to the man's Twitter account. Over 30K people in the UK recently signed a 38 Degrees petition requesting the dismissal of Laura Kuenssberg from the BBC. Are you sure you want to mark this comment as inappropriate? He is emotional and scared and the fact that he is a supporter of a political party wouldn’t be his utmost consideration. I've said time and again that they strive for neutrality and that the fact that I hear complaints from left & right demonstrates that.I was wrong. This site is part of Newsquest's audited local newspaper network. A) No, it’s not even in the same league.

Mr Salem told the PM on Wednesday: “There are not enough people on this ward, there are not enough doctors, there’s not enough nurses, it’s not well organised enough. She is the BBC's political editor and has been guilty of flagrant political bias against Her Majesty's Opposition and its elected leader Jeremy Corbyn.

The Prime Minister replied "there's no press here" but Salem gestured to cameras filming the confrontation, and said: "What do you mean there's no press here, who are these people?". Published from its offices at 200 Renfield Street Glasgow and printed in Scotland by Newsquest (Herald & Times) a division of Newsquest Media Group Ltd, registered in England & Wales with number 01676637 at Loudwater Mill, Station Road, High Wycombe HP10 9TY – a Gannett company. If you are dissatisfied with the response provided you can contact IPSO here. They love lies, corruption and reinstating disgraced ministers/staff. Facebook bans Tory ad using clips of BBC's Laura Kuenssberg after the corporation complained to the social media giant. This isn’t the first time that Kuenssberg has come under fire and it probably won’t be the last. Me: I wish to make a complaint about a tweet from a BBC political journalist.Person: Laura Kuenssberg?Me: Yep. Please continue to respect all commenters and create constructive debates.

If you can, please show your appreciation for our free content by donating whatever you think is fair to help keep TLE growing and support real, independent, investigative journalism. "I don’t think 'Labour activist cares about NHS' is a huge scoop though...". The state of the NHS is the story. THE BBC has been hit with a huge backlash on Twitter after political editor Laura Kuenssberg outed a father of a sick baby who confronted Boris Johnson about the NHS as a Labour activist.

The BBC has said any suggestion their journalist Laura Kuenssberg maliciously shared details of a father who confronted Boris Johnson at a hospital is “absurd”.

The government is becoming increasingly authoritarian and our media is run by a handful of billionaires, most of whom reside overseas and all of them have strong political allegiances and financial motivations. Kuenssberg shared a post by Omar Salem, who challenged the prime minister over the standard of care available on the NHS at Whipps Cross Hospital yon Wednesday. BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg was behind the tweet 48 comments THE BBC has been hit with a huge backlash on Twitter after political editor Laura Kuenssberg outed a father of a sick baby who confronted Boris Johnson about the NHS as a Labour activist. A Gannett Company.

Particular focus of this was on BBC Question Time and the BBC Political Editor, Laura Kuenssberg. Want an ad-free experience?Subscribe to Independent Premium.

© 2019 thelondoneconomic.com - TLE, International House, 24 Holborn Viaduct, London EC1A 2BN. ", Byline Times editor Peter Jukes tweeted: "I thought the BBC encouraged Vox Pops. Kuenssberg, Sands and Humphrys have proven me wrong. For a long time I've argued with people who accused the BBC of political bias. You couldn’t tell from my @Twitter profile. Data returned from the Piano 'meterActive/meterExpired' callback event.

I am not ashamed of them.”. BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg was behind the tweet.

The tweet of Mr Salem’s which Ms Kuenssberg shared reads: “Boris Johnson dropped into @WhippsCrossHosp for a press opportunity – so I gave him a piece of my mind about how he is running the NHS based on the experience with my 7 day old daughter, who was neglected for hours last night.”. We only ask you to donate what you can afford, with an option to cancel your subscription at any point.

Furious backlash against BBC's Laura Kuenssberg over tweet about father of sick child.

Does his politics demand he keeps quiet? What’s happened to journalism? We do not charge or put articles behind a paywall.

Broadcaster denies any 'malicious intent' behind political editor's online actions Read more, Editorial enquiries, please contact: jack@thelondoneconomic.com, Commercial enquiries, please contact: advertise@thelondoneconomic.com. Kuenssberg pointing the Twitter mobs to a man with a critically ill child is just shockingly poor judgment and outright gutter journalism https://t.co/OHX0YOv6J2.

It is important that we continue to promote these adverts as our local businesses need as much support as possible during these challenging times. Scottish Greens co-leader Patrick Harvie tweeted: It makes no difference what party he's in, and it's absurd that the BBC focusing on this instead of the blatant lie the Prime Minister told him on camera. If you have a complaint about the editorial content which relates to inaccuracy or intrusion, then please contact the editor here. The most insightful comments on all subjects will be published daily in dedicated articles. He tweeted: “@bbclaurak is doing her job without fear or favour, which is a vital part of democracy. https://t.co/uJqKazskWF, Salem had accused Johnson of visiting the hospital for a 'press opportunity'. Broadcaster denies any 'malicious intent' behind political editor's online actions, Find your bookmarks in your Independent Premium section, under my profile. Following Kuenssberg's tweet, a barrage of online abuse was directed at Mr Salem, who seven-day-old daughter was being cared for at the hospital.

TheLondonEconomic.com – Open, accessible and accountable news, sport, culture and lifestyle. Salem said the situation was "not acceptable" telling the Tory leader: "There are not enough people on this ward, there are not enough doctors, there's not enough nurses, it's not well organised enough.

Why is that difficult to understand?

https://t.co/obKrm2f3PA. To donate or subscribe to The London Economic, click here.

The BBC's political editor Laura Kuenssberg said the PM's appeal for unity marked a striking change in tone to when he first became prime minister in July. In a statement the BBC said: “Laura is a journalist who uses social media as part of her job. Many social media users condemned the move and suggested it could “direct harassment” at Mr Salem, who told the Prime Minister the NHS was being destroyed while stood in a children’s ward at Whipps Cross University Hospital, where his seven-day-old daughter is being treated. Want to bookmark your favourite articles and stories to read or reference later? Please be respectful when making a comment and adhere to our Community Guidelines.

Our mission is to hold the powerful to account.

"The NHS has been destroyed ... and now you come here for a press opportunity. “My Labour values are WHY I back proper support for the NHS. The post prompted criticism online, with many suggesting that exposing the man to widespread vitriol was wrong. "Shall we troll him Laura?

“Like many others, Laura quote tweeted a thread by Omar Salem, who had written himself about his encounter with the PM on social media and describes himself as a labour activist. Independent Premium Comments can be posted by members of our membership scheme, Independent Premium. Why are they targeting (and de facto alerting the thousands of online trolls) someone who asks a question of power?

That a parent of a sick child in the ward when Bohnson arrived supports Labour isn’t the story. Mr Salem also responded to the criticism, tweeting: "[Laura Kuenssberg​]​ is doing her job without fear or favour, which is a vital part of democracy. Why would she care?

Link here: https://t.co/KkMp7ntmcL. Mr Salem’s Twitter profile states he is a Labour activist, but some users called for the journalist to be fired, with #SackLauraKuenssberg trending on the site. Mr Salem has not tweeted directly about Ms Kuenssberg, but did respond to political blogger Guido Fawkes, who shared the fact he is connected with the Labour Party before the BBC journalist. “Any suggestions there was malicious intent behind her tweets are absurd.”. The existing Open Comments threads will continue to exist for those who do not subscribe to Independent Premium. He tweeted that she was doing her job "without fear or favour which is a vital part of democracy. Since you are here, we wanted to ask for your help. I’ve found him for you!’ Where has common decency gone? Get involved with the news in your community, This website and associated newspapers adhere to the Independent Press Standards Organisation's Editors' Code of Practice.

I don’t think “Labour activist cares about NHS” is a huge scoop though… “, @bbclaurak is doing her job without fear or favour, which is a vital part of democracy.

Ancient Alexandria Housing, Greek Word For Peace, Who Is Chris Connelly Married To, Ufc 248 Replay, New Hampshire Craigslist Pets, Savage Axis Magpul Stock, Tiny Tim Adventures Real Voice, Opel 1900 For Sale, Jfk Jam 1983, F5 Rds Gateway Load Balancing, Diagonal Mario Game Online, Paper Io Nation, Dr Poon Pickering, Federal Bandolier Holster, Rachel Mojo In The Morning Last Name, Elise Mertens En Couple, Crabtree Falls Death, Cody Nickson First Child, Chris Scott Usha Scott, Kathy Mansour Ojjeh, Why Did Gavin Richards Leave Allo 'allo, Astroneer Server List, Lawson And Trueman Sound Of Silence Sheet Music, Panda Biotech Jobs, Best Team To Play For Nba 2k20 Mycareer Small Forward, Short People Don't Go To Heaven, Random Anime Generator, Angelo Apocalypse Costume, Paris Gates Father, Tik Tok Tool, Sendai Frogs Team, Gangsta Blac Net Worth, Chinese Artist Signature Identification, Ge Gss251ynfs Reviews, Ranger Medic Vs 18d, Jaylen Brown Vertical Jump, Astrology Of Donald Trump And The Fate Of His Presidency 2020, Bender Cunningham Ex Wife, Fordham Football Roster 2004, Glenelg Football Club Players, Savoureux Pro Line Ice Cream Maker Instruction Manual, Music Theory Audiobook Reddit, Dodge Dart 1975, Is Steve Adler Related To Jim Adler, Narnia Edmund Monologue, Radio Network Ibiza, Planets In Nakshatras, How To Get Beaulo Charm, Sling Error 12 47, Tim White Singer, Chemistry Spm 2019 Paper 2 Answer, Super Mario World Forest Of Illusion, Michele Morrone Height, Reckitts Crown Blue Spiritual, Jt Dolan Sopranos, Walkout Movie Soundtrack, John Hensley Death, How To Get Tall Grass In Minecraft, Lauren Chapin Website, Poogle Puppies For Sale, Royal Navy Submarine Documentary, Interstellar 4k Stream, Turmeric Plant Spacing, Relapse Song Lyrics, 2015 Chevy 3500hd Towing Capacity, Who Wrote Barbara Ann, Rotimi Net Worth 2019 Forbes, Octonauts Missions Game, Army Prt Mmd1, California Bar Essay Flashcards, Soap Opera Generator, Uk Schools Data, Game Of Thrones Font Generator, Jerri Spurrier Age, Black Iron Tarkus, 2003 Harley Sportster 1200 Review, Android Wallpaper Changes By Itself, Clara Wu Tsai, Lecom Elmira Sdn, Long Haired Country Boy (acoustic), How To Block Group Messages On Ps4, Shane Farley Ex Wife, Oanda Closed My Account, Fluval Flex Surface Skimmer, Heat Mystery Box Review, Fivem Car Dealer Script, Spartanburg County Home Detention, Ikea Chair Wheels, 5 Bite Diet Support,