Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. You knew Marcus Aurelius?

He sleeps so well because he is loved. [smiles] Or do you think me heartless? Quintus: Soldier!

Lucilla: My brother hates all the world and you most of all.

Have I missed the battle? Tell me what I must do in his name. Others, that you can't fight. That can be a virtue when it drives us to excel. His daughter trusts you. Commodus: No. Commodus: You and I are not much different. Maximus: You loved my father, I know.

Lucilla: Your fame is well deserved, Spaniard. Maximus: Yes I will leave.

1 Share #1. Maximus: Brothers, what we do in life... echoes in eternity. I paid it so that I might profit from your death. You could only whisper it. Maximus: Two years, two hundred and sixty-four days and this morning.

And the great whore will suckle us until we are fat and happy and can suckle no more. You could only whisper it.

It's a good home. I never acquired your comfort with it. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. I will see you again... but not yet. Marcus Aurelius: The rest of the time, I do what I have to. The slave who became a gladiator. Maximus:

[is hit in the head by a sword and falls unconscious]. [Commodus begins to asphyxiate Marcus while they hug, Marcus grunts]. Maximus: For the glory of the empire, sire. That makes us brothers, doesn't it? Marcus Aurelius: Juba: Thrust this into another man's flesh, and they will applaud and love you for that. Your servant, Cicero will be waiting there with horses.

Proximo: One kind word, one full hug while you pressed me to your chest and held me tight, would've been like the sun on my heart for a thousand years. Let us pretend that you are a loving daughter, and I am a good father. Marcus Aurelius:

Release my men.

A quote can be a single line from one character or a memorable dialog between several characters.

But so did I. Gladiator Quotes Revenge MAXIMUS: My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the armies of the north, general of the Felix legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius, father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next. Tell me about your home. Web. Marcus Aurelius: Yet you have never been there.

Maximus: But surely a prefect, a senator, somebody who knows the city, who understands her politics? We believed it once. Commodus: Commodus: Marcus Aurelius: Let us pretend that you are a loving daughter, and I am a good father. Thanks for your vote! That is not it. Commodus: I search the faces of the gods … for ways to please you, to make you proud.

Maximus: What we do in life echoes in eternity.

Browse more character quotes from Gladiator (2000), Gladiators surround Maximus to carry him out of the arena, Lucilla tries to convince Maximus to conspire with Senator Gracchus, uncovering the Christian cross Timonides wore around his neck. Lucius will stay with me now. He was a soldier of Rome. Five thousand of my men are out there in the freezing mud.

And because I loved you. Gladiator Quotes – ‘What we do in life echoes in eternity’ ... [in the Gladiator cells Maximus meets with Lucilla who has arranged for him to meet with one of the senators] Gracchus: General. We daren't wait any longer. We believed it once. Maximus: You have nothing to pay for. Proximo will be here t midnight and take you to the gate. And one night he sat down with one of them and he looked at her and he said, 'Tell me what you've been doing busy little bee or I shall strike down those dearest to you. Maximus: I am required to kill, so I kill. Maximus: I never acquired your comfort with it. You have not seen what it has become. [during the fight with Maximus, Commodus loses his sword]. Maximus Other Proximo Quintus. The frost.. sometimes it makes the blade stick.

Proximo: But as for me? And one night he sat down with one of them and he looked at her and he said, "Tell me what you've been doing busy little bee or I shall strike down those dearest to you. Slave, you will remove your helmet and tell me your name. Promise me that you'll look after my family. The general who became a slave. The Emperor has been slain. Do you remember what it was to have trust, Proximo? They said you were a giant. Maximus: Maximus: I will win the crowd. Sadly we cannot choose how but we can decide how we meet that end in order that we are remembered as men. People should know when they are conquered. Maximus: Quintus! Listen to me.

It will lie at the bottom of the ocean as if wounded. But now, the people want to know how the story ends. Lucius' Attendant: We are nothing but dust and shadows. Lucius Verus: They said you were a giant. The silence before you strike and the noise afterwards. Or will I be the emperor who gave Rome back her true self? And the emperor was heartbroken. You shall watch as I bathe in their blood." Marcus Aurelius: And what is Rome, Maximus? I know that you would die for honor, for Rome, for the memory of your ancestors. Please, don't call me that. The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the Senate, it's the sand of the Colosseum. My home. Lucilla: What did my father want with you? Maximus, talk. Lucilla is played by Connie Nielsen in Gladiator (2000).

Commodus: You are the son that I should have had. Then it is done. Gracchus: For you guidance, Caesar, the Senate has prepared a series of protocols, to begin addressing the many problems in the city, beginning with basic sanitation for the Greek quarter, to combat the plague which is already springing up there. We truly appreciate your support. Give me two days, and I will purchase your freedom. Gracchus: Will you accept this great honor I have offered you? I have been told of a certain sea snake which has a very unusual method of attracting its prey. He was your father. Slave Trader: Some are good for fighting, others for dying.

And what do you think happened then, Lucius?

Your faults as a son is my failure as a father. Maximus: Only a famous death will do. My powers will pass to Maximus, to hold in trust until the Senate is ready to rule once more. Sword, give me a sword! Proximo: Maximus Other Proximo Quintus. But not yet.

He knew they were busy little bees. Commodus: I searched the faces of the gods for ways to please you, to make you proud. Marcus Aurelius: Ah, yes. Rome is the mob. Gladiator (2000) Connie Nielsen as Lucilla. These are the wishes of Marcus Aurelius. Commodus cannot rule.

Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. The mob sees this, and so does the senate. And the emperor was heartbroken. For the glory of the Empire, sire. And then its enemies will take little bites of it, and yet it remains still.

(Is hit in the head by a sword and falls unconscious), NO! 1. lucilla gladiator quotes. Make us believe it again. The tyrant? We believed it once. Maximus:

Do you think I am afraid? Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish... it was so fragile. They said you could crush a man's skull with one hand.

Read best quotes from Gladiator (2000) with images and video clips. There is no one left to fight, sire.

The gladiator who defied an emperor. Because my father loved you. A symbol of your freedom.

Commodus: Why not? Ihr seid verfluchte hunde! I wasn't the best because I killed quickly. Tell me why. For you are in Elysium, and you're already dead! I was the best because the crowd loved me. And one night he sat down with one of them and he looked at her and he said, "Tell me what you've been doing busy little bee or I shall strike down those dearest to you.

Questionnaire Sur Le Film Les Autres, Vegan Madeira Cake, Victoria Beach Aacac, One Piece Dnd Rustage Wiki, Kousa Dogwood Fruit Poisonous To Dogs, Eating Geoduck Gif, What Does Roxanne Dejesus Do For A Living, Deputy Dawg Laugh, Atari Flashback 2 Game List, Vampirina Microphone Song Lyrics, Josh Thomson Vs Gerald Strebendt, Adam Audio A5x Vs T5v, Minimum Hours For Casual Employees Per Shift, Globalization Games For The Classroom, Eastern Vs Western Tiger Swallowtail, 365 Dni Livre Tome 3 Résumé, Yamaha Raptor Wheels, Revlon Colorstay Shade Finder, Xbox One Preparing Console Stuck At 66, Beggar Life Unblocked, Do Newspapers Today Play A Vigorous Role As Watchdogs Of Our Powerful Institutions, Elecom Mouse Not Detected, Roger Maris Jr, Mary Devitto Age, Kenmore Coldspot 79852990, Reliability And Durability Of Flash Memory Card, Live Run To The Water Meaning, Fruit Fly Sperm Cell Diagram, Yellow Yoh Kamiyama, Michael Tapp Artist, Discord Nickname Bot, Rx 5700 Warzone Stuttering, Brohn Homes Careers, Best Coffeelock Build 5e, Kells Kitchen Menu, How To Save Autodesk Sketchbook, Corvelia Zinfandel Paso Robles 2018, Heather Mahar Paulson Amazing Race, Shawty Like A Melody Meme Meaning, No More Fight Left In Me Imany Paroles Traduction, Writing About Identity, Norwegian Buhund Rescue, Mbappé Height And Weight, Games Workshop Stock Robinhood, Gwr Wagon Drawings, Le'veon Bell House, Skins Season 7, Arrow Up Symbol, Eddie Howe Interview, Evoland 2 Haunted Forest, Artix Entertainment Net Worth, Where Are Starfire Solarus Tires Made, Ear Pain After Jala Neti, Football Manager 2021, Nails And Lashes Meme, Progressive Era Presidents Chart, Significado Del Nombre Eliani, Does Orange Juice Stop A Mushroom Trip, Puissance Militaire Afrique De L'ouest, Call Of The Wild One Pager, Phonto Transparent Background, Cole Roberts Baseball, Charles Schwab Family Tree, Blue Whale Teeth,