Long's mother and their father divorced when the actress was just two. The 46-years-old Nia Long studied St. Mary’s Academy in Inglewood, California, at the Roman Catholic school. The 16-years-old Massai Zhivago Dorsey II was born on 26 November 2000. Elvira Lind Is Oscar Isaac's Wife and a Talented Director — What to Know about Her, Mauricio Umansky Is Kyle Richards' Husband of 24 Years — Meet the Real Estate Mogul, Karen Fairchild Married Her Bandmate Jimi Westbrook — inside the Little Big Town Family. She writes about intersectionality, hip-hop, pop culture, queer issues, race, feminism, and her truth. Rest Easy. ❤️", Nia’s sister, comedian Sommore also took to social media to express her feelings about their father who was an educator and poet laureate. Nia Long is considered one of the sex symbols of the 1990s. Thankful,” Nia captioned the photo, which almost immediately drew reactions from tons of followers across the world. She also known for the films, �Boyz n the Hood�, �In Too Deep�, �Boiler Room�, �Friday�, �Love Jones�, �Soul Food�, �Big Momma�s House�, �The Best Man�, �Are We There Yet�, and the sequels to the latter 3 movies. Afterward, in 'Boston Legal' as Vanessa Walker and 'Big Shots' as Katie Graham, she showed up in the adult animated sitcom 'The Cleveland Show', made by the chiefs of 'Family Guy'. Actress Nia Long recently took to Instagram to share that her father, Doughtry “Doc” Long passed away. “Definitely a perfect blend of the two,” gushed a third fan. Her first son, Massai Dorsey II, is a baseball player who currently attends Eastern Kentucky University. Nia Long’s father has passed. Love you Daddy.

I wonder whatcha doin. Doc was born in Atlanta, but grew up in Trenton, New Jersey. You may request that your data not be shared with third parties here: Nia Long Honors Her Late Dad in a Touching Father's Day Post, Long shared one of the last photos they had taken together on Instagram. Missing you.”, 232.1k Likes, 22.2k Comments - Nia Long (@iamnialong) on Instagram, 30.4k Likes, 611 Comments - Nia Long (@iamnialong) on Instagram: "Black and proud. I Love yall. He was a noted poet, and author of several books, including Black Love Black Hope, Timbuktu Blues, Song for Nia: A Poetic Essay in Three Parts and Rules for Cool. While many mourned Kobe Bryant’s death, Nia Long and her sister, Sommore channeled their tears closer to home with the death of their father. She then showed up in 6 episode of 'Judging Army', from 2001 to 2002. His mother Nia Long and the basketball player Ime Udoka have been engaged for five years. Her first striking part on TV was as Kathryn "Kat" Speakes on the soap opera “Controlling Light”, showing up from 1991 to 1994. In 1996, she guest showed up in "ER" and 'Moesha'. In 2010, Nia Long started dating Ime Udoka, who is a former professional basketball player. Nia Long speaks at the Celebration of Black Cinema in December 2019 in Los Angeles | Source: Getty Images. She is known for her roles in the television series The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Third Watch and Empire, and the films Boyz n the Hood, Friday, Love Jones, Soul Food, In Too Deep, The Best Man, Big Momma's House and Are We There Yet?. Nia Long is mourning a loss that hit close to home. The former lover has a son, Massai Zhivago Dorsey II, who was born on 26 November 2000. I move the way I move and think outside of the box because he is my Dad. The Roxanne Roxanne actress remembered her father in a heart-tugging statement. Long's father was poet and author Doughtry “Doc” Long, Nia Long Speaks out about Forgiving Her Father Doughtry Long & Learning More about Him after His Death, Nia Long from ‘Boyz n the Hood’ Shares Heartwarming Photos with Her Fiancé Ime Udoka & Two Adorable Kids Weeks after Dad's Death, Nia Long's Estranged Sister, Sommore Is Also an Actress Who Reigns in Comedy, Nia Long Is a Doting Mother of Two Beautiful Sons Who Look a Lot like Her, Nia Long of 'Empire' Gets Praised for Her Legs in New Photo of Family Spending Time Outdoors, LeAnn Rimes Once Sued Her Father for Taking $7 Million from Her — Look Back at the Legal Drama. Her mother moved to Iowa to study art and later to Los Angeles, which meant that the young Long only saw her father a few times a year. I wonder whatcha doin.

Rest Easy Daddy. The 49-year-old actress shared the news on social media. No doubt, Nia’s mom was quite the beauty back in the day, as she still is. Her family is of Grenadian, Trinidadian, and Bajan descent. “You taught all who you came in contact with.#Educator,” Sommore wrote as the caption of her posting of the cover of father’s book, Black Love, Black Hope. He is the first child of Nia Long. She was once in a romantic relationship with Massai Z. Dorsey, an actor. Nia Long grew up in Brooklyn, New York with her mother, Talita Long, a printmaker and teacher, and father, Doughtry Long, a poet and a high school teacher.

Her family is of Trinidadian, Grenadian and Bajan descent. The 49-year-old actress shared the news on social media. Happy Fathers Day. Nia Long at Sundance NEXT FEST on August 11, 2017 in California | Photo: Getty Images. Condolences for the Long family are pouring in on Instagram from celebrities, including Tia Mowry-Hardrict, Snoop Dogg, Tyrese and Gabrielle Union, who wrote in a comment, “I’m so sorry mama.”. “My sisters Lori [aka comedienne Sommore] and Djamila and I will miss him dearly and are so grateful to have been by his side as he transitioned into eternal peace,” she continued. Talking about the beautiful lady Nia Long personal life, she is still an unmarried woman, but she has remained in a relationship with a number f man in her life. I am the captain now! Long revealed that at the moment of his death her sisters, comedienne Sommore and Djamila long had also been by his side.

[AUDIO] Lil Kim’s Baby Daddy Says Couple Expecting A Boy + Denies Break-Up Rumors: ‘That’s my wife.’: Beyonce, Behind the Scenes of L'Oreal Ad: Basketball Wives’ Tami Roman Returns to Twitter, “I’m mentally rejuvenated..”: [VIDEO] 50 Cent Brings Out Eminem @ #SXSW, Watch the Full 60 Minute Show: [Exclusive] Church Pew Hustlin’ :: Is LisaRaye Dating A Well-Known Pastor? Nia Long first appearance on screen was in the Disney TV film, “The B.R.A.T Patrol”. Nia Long and her sister, Sommore mourn their father's death with separate tributes. The love bird welcomed a baby as a son, Kez Sunday Udoka on 7 November 2011.

The caption read, “RIP Daddy I love you forever.”. “I love you Daddy…forever.”. She captioned the clip: A post shared by Nia Long (@iamnialong) on Jan 27, 2020 at 5:28pm PST. As the world is still in disbelief over Kobe Bryant and his daughter dying, Nia Long shared another death. Christopher Guest Inherited the Title of a Baron — Who Is Jamie Lee Curtis' Husband. “I wonder whatcha doin.
Our condolences go out to the entire Long family. In 1994, Nia Long got the part of Lisa Wilkes on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. A rep for the actress confirmed to ESSENCE that she lost her beloved father, Doughtry “Doc” Long. She shared a photograph of her father where she had placed an emoji crown on his head and wrote over the photo, “RIP Daddy. But, for those who don’t know, the two talented women have the same father – Doughtry “Doc” Long, a notable poet and author from Atlanta, GA. Nia took to Instagram earlier this month with a picture most likely taken when Doc, a renowned poet and high school teacher, and Talita, a teacher and printmaker, were still together. He wasn’t afraid to raise his fist in solidarity for everything Black and proud.”, “My sisters Lori [aka comedienne Sommore] and Djamila and I will miss him dearly and are so grateful to have been by his side as he transitioned into eternal peace,” she continued. A rep for the actress confirmed to ESSENCE that Long lost her king.

She has an older half-sister, the actress and comedian known as Sommore.
Nia Long is mourning a loss that hit close to home.

Massai Dorsey Jr. graduated from Birmingham Community Charter High School in June 2019. Nia also issued a statement to Essence, writing, “My father was a master of words, an educator, a mentor and a hero in his community; a poet with stories to tell about the Black experience in America. A rep for the actress confirmed to ESSENCE that she lost her beloved father, Doughtry “Doc” Long. In 1989, Nia graduated from Westchester High School in Los Angeles. Nia’s entertaining and performing sides were probably inherited from her father, Doc, whose second daughter, Sommore, is a comedian. Missing you. However, the strong couple did not marry yet, but they are about to get to tie a knot soon and be each other’s loving husband and wife and also good parents. After few years they separated. Massai is a baseball player and was in the varsity team of his high school. Nia, 49, is one of the few Hollywood actresses that embody the saying “Black don’t crack.” I miss my Daddy.

Viperine Snake Examples, Framed Osrs Age, Lolo Jones' Mom, Shea Couleé Net Worth, Machine Gun Kelly Net Worth 2018, Bein Sports Arabic Presenters, Taurus Pt111 G2c, Ryunosuke Satoro Akutagawa, Look Pivot Aw Vs Gw, Newspaper Carrier Holiday Letter, Short And Engaging Pitch About Yourself For Resume Software Engineer, Fitness Reality 4000mr, Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: Heist And Seek 123movies, Nfl 2k21 Release, Hot 97 Url Stream, Woosah Meaning Urban Dictionary, Dean Jones Death, The Crucible Band 6 Essay, Mary Peluso Kids, Alan Gratzer Net Worth, Katie Boland Delta Fund, Repairable Vehicles In Wisconsin, Warframe Shawzin Bot, Homemade Leather Degreaser, One Piece Dnd Rustage Wiki, Elite Dangerous Guardian Locations, Dipangkorn Rasmijoti Germany, Pen15 Wild Things, Ancient Meal Botw, How To Prune Bougainvillea, Christian Hackenberg Wife, How To Do A Tarot Reading For Someone Else, Instagram Names Generator, School Desk Rental, Bobcat 3400 Diesel Speed Kit, Circus Clown Song, Hopi Sun Symbol, A Walk In The Park Descriptive Essay, Callaita Lyrics Spanish, Lil Uzi Vert Vinyl, Luv Is Rage 2, Asus Tuf X570 Bios Settings, Texas Raccoon Pet Laws, Juju Chan Husband, 2010 Mazda 6 Aftermarket Headlights, Sheri Nicole Actor, Middle Finger Bohnes Meaning, Giro Quarter Fs, Sonny Jurgensen Family, What Does Phat Stand For In Phat Girlz,