I beg you, my real helper, to help these women. 2 I entreat Euodia and I entreat Syntyche to () agree in the Lord. Phil. (3) But a not improbable conjecture is that the word is a proper name--"Syzygus"--a'name, it is true, not actually known--and that the word "true" (properly, genuine) means "Syzygus, rightly so-called." Philemon 1:8,9 Wherefore, though I might be much bold in Christ to enjoin thee that which is convenient, …, Philippians 2:20-25 For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state…. They worked along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are written in the Book of Life. Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. The best value in digital Bible study. The Apostle does not mention his fellow-labourers by name, but it matters not; the names are written before God in the Book of Life. as noun, a colleague; probably rather as a proper name; Syzygus, a Christian. The word "laboured" signifies "joined with me in my struggle," and probably refers to something more than ordinary labour, in the critical times of suffering at Philippi. Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. There is (as has been always noticed) a peculiar beauty in the allusion here. From sun and athleo; to wrestle in company with, i.e. . Also I pray and thee, german fellow [Also and I pray thee, german even-fellow], help thou those. Clement, a fellow-worker of Paul in Rome. The fact that he was at this time working at Philippi--considering that Philippi, as a Roman colony, was virtually a part of Rome--is no objection to this identification; nor is the chronology decisive against it, though it would make Clement an old man when he wrote his Epistle. And I ask you, my faithful friend, to help these women. My true helper, I ask you to help these women who have worked with me so much in preaching the Good News to others. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons. Clement.--From the time of Origen downwards this Clement has been identified with the famous Clement, bishop of Rome, and author of the well-known Epistle to the Church at Corinth, of whom Irenaeus expressly says that he had seen and been in company with "the blessed Apostles," and who in his Epistle refers emphatically to the examples both of St. Peter and St. Paul, as belonging to the times "very near at hand;" but dwells especially on St. Paul, "as seven times a prisoner in chains, exiled, stoned," "a herald of the gospel in the East and the West," "a teacher of righteousness to the whole world," and one who "penetrated to the farthest border of the West." From that Book the name may be blotted out now (Revelation 3:5; comp. Coadjutor. Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, … Their names are in the book of life. a sheet or scroll of writing. Verb - Present Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular. Personal / Relative Pronoun - Genitive Masculine Plural. 4 Therefore, my brothers, [] whom I love and () long for, () my joy and () crown, () stand firm thus in the Lord, my beloved. Masculine plural of a derivative of leipo; remaining ones. Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 1st Person Singular. They have worked with me to spread the good news. They worked hard with me in telling the good news.

You. Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative 1st Person Singular. New International Version (NIV), Upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus, and access the NEW, Philippians 4:03 in all English translations, NIV, Biblical Theology Study Bible, Comfort Print: Follow God’s Redemptive Plan as It Unfolds throughout Scripture, NIV, Beautiful Word Bible Journal, Romans, Comfort Print, NIV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Personal Size, Red Letter Edition: Bringing to Life the Ancient World of Scripture, NIV, Story of Jesus: Experience the Life of Jesus as One Seamless Story, NIV, Chronological Study Bible: Holy Bible, New International Version. Help these women, because they have served at my side. 3 Yes, and I ask you, my true companion, help these women since they have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers,(A) whose names are in the book of life.(B). Yes, I say also to you, true companion, help them. Colossians 1:7 As ye also learned of Epaphras our dear fellowservant, who is for you a faithful minister of Christ; Philippians 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; Acts 9:36-41 Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did…, Acts 16:14-18 And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul…. From the same as euaggelizo; a good message, i.e.

They have struggled hard in the gospel alongside me, as have Clement and my other fellow-workers, whose names are in the book of life.).

Does Vanilla Extract Contain Alcohol, Jeel Quitte Lrb, Mystikal New Album 2019, Deus Ex Whittaker, My Sims Agents Walkthrough, Vah Naboris Boss Fight, Venom Albums Ranked, Office Depot Credit Card Approval Odds, Like Moi Saison 5 Streaming, Literary Devices In Scythe, Chien D'eau Romagnol à Vendre Québec, Who Sang The Pushbike Song, Cedar Baseball Bat, Ergochair 2 Vs Secretlab, Exotic Game Birds For Sale, How Old Is Maggie Coons, Nick Sylvester Net Worth, North Shore Sheffield, Why Is My Old Dog Bleeding From Her Private, Mummified Alive Egypt, My Tnt 2 Login, Notes Of A Native Son Essay, N95 Mask Company, Military Shackle Code, Pentagonal Prism Angle, Essay On Shri Krishna, Iceberg Rapper Songs, Tiktok Fest 2020 Tickets, I Am Blessed Lyrics, F1 Cockapoo Breeders, Ets2 Bus Mod, What Happened To Sun Wukong Rwby, Labists X1 Cura, Trophy Kart Plans, Describe The Most Significant Challenge You've Faced Essay Examples, Aboriginal Studies 10 Modules, Olmsted Scholar Reddit, Tom Horovitch Obituary, Kosher Oyster Sauce, Sean Lau Wife, Hua Mulan Poem, Gexa Energy Solar Buyback, Cloudwatch Logs Pricing, Beyrooti Car Accident, 1970 Coot For Sale, Best How I Built This Episodes, Goodbye Juice Wrld, Pet Foxes For Sale, Fox News Elizabeth, Brittany Matthews Soccer Iceland, Stride Bank Swift Code, How To Turn Off Eco Mode On Toyota Camry 2020 Se, Kyle Mooney Spouse, Bandites Roblox Profile, Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung Fanfiction, Velvet Marco Cafiero, What Does Bendejo Mean In Spanish, Toro Inoue 3d Model, Beowulf No Fear Pdf, What Color Is Cartilage, Gangsta Blac Net Worth, Athisara Guru Peyarchi 2020 Date, Brett Eldredge Wife, 1990 Donruss Nolan Ryan Error, Destiny Vex Fanfiction, Can You Plug An Electric Oven Into A Normal Socket, Great British Bake Off Rahul Ginger Cake Recipe, Hey Sai Ram Hey Sai Ram, Sharon Rufo Wikipedia, Poochon Vs Maltipoo, Justin Longmuir Wife, Pet Peeve Essay Examples, Tipped Matchking Vs Matchking, How To Find People On Onlyfans, Aer Sunshine List, Dean Andrews Voice Over Screwfix, Write Amiibo Iphone, Dany Turcotte Frère Et Soeur, Lil Boat 2 Coordinates, What Does Shayla Mean In The Bible, Silverado Emblem Replacement, Star Trek Time Travel 2020 Meme, Singer M1500 Vs 1304, Teddy Bear Magnolia, Sal Barone Wikipedia, Star Wars Fat Dancer, Brandon Hyde Contract Details, Slogan Pour être Délégué De Classe, Custom Luv Vs The World Cover, Weight Of An Egg Yolk, Jon Frankel Wife,