Saweetie’s mother’s name is unknown at this time and her father’s name is under review. ... Saweetie Is A Member Of . Her nationality is American. I do a lot of covers but this is the first time I'm actually doing original content. Saweetie’s parents didn’t offer her much growing up, and it’s the inspiration behind her desire to become as successful as she can.

The song was released on her SoundCloud in the summer of 2017, and brought her to the attention of Max Gousse, a well-known producer and A&R executive, who became her manager. Personal Life. [25] "My Type" later peaked at number 21, becoming Saweetie's first top 40 hit on the Billboard Hot 100. Saweetie released the lead single, "Tap In", from her upcoming debut album titled Pretty Bitch Music on June 20, 2020. Her birth name is Diamonté Harper. She launched her career by making short rap videos on Instagram, and most of the time, people dismissed her as an Instagram model. One video featured her rapping over the beat from Khia's "My Neck, My Back (Lick It)", which would eventually turn into "Icy Grl".

[13][14][9] The video for the song went viral on the Internet and went on to accrue 100 million views on YouTube as of June 2020. [24], Saweetie released her second major label EP, Icy, on March 29, 2019. She began dating Migos member Quavo Marshall in September 2018.

She started writing music at the age of 14. "[29] It debuted during New York Fashion Week.[30]. It would go viral on Instagram and Twitter as well. Rapper, songwriter, actress and designer with a debut single titled "Icy Grl." Trinidad was a video vixen for musicians such as L.L. [27] In September 2019, "My Type" hit number 1 on the Rhythmic Radio charts, and was later certified double platinum in the United States. Debuting on the Billboard Hot 100 at number 81, It was the first song of Saweetie's to enter the Hot 100. Saweetie is the American rapper behind the hit single Icy Girl. [15], In January 2018, she was named Tidal's Artist of the Week and one of Pigeons & Planes' Best New Artists of the Month. [35] Her grandfather, Willie Harper, played football for the San Francisco 49ers. Saweetie began posting short raps on her Instagram account in 2016. Age 27 years old. © FamousBirthdays.com - use subject to the information collection practices disclosed in our Privacy Policy. Female rapper Saweetie is going viral today, actually her father is. Diamonté Quiava Valentin Harper was born on July 2, 1993, in Santa Clara, California, to a Filipino-Chinese mother and an African-American father. Her grandmother gave her the nickname of Saweetie. My mom and my dad both come from big families, too – nine of my dad’s side and seven on my mom’s side. [4][5][6] She grew up in the Bay Area, attending Merrill F. West High School in Tracy and graduating from Monterey Trail High School in Elk Grove.

After graduating, she began to focus on her rap career. [16] During Super Bowl LII in February 2018, she was featured in an ad for Rihanna's cosmetic company, Fenty Beauty.

Her debut album, Pretty Bitch Music is expected to be released in 2020 and was preceded by the single "Tap In". Trinidad was a video vixen for musicians such as L.L. [7][8][9][10] She began writing music at age 13. Saweetie’s parents had her when they were in their teens, and they were not around much in the early part of her childhood. Saweetie struggled a lot before making her breakthrough. Instead, Saweetie excelled in track and volleyball, and she almost competed professionally. Most Popular #1083. [37], American rapper and singer from California, https://www.instagram.com/p/CCJw8U4ngg7/?igshid=11h5s5ns9i448, https://www.californiabirthindex.org/birth/diamant_quieavalenti_harper_born_1993_22199489, "GirlWithNoJob, Saweetie, & Cipha Sounds | You Don't Deserve to Be Verified! Here’s the Scoop On her Love Life, Inside Ginger Zee’s life, Including her husband and family, Saweetie and Quavo’s relationship explained, What ethnicity is Valkyrae? Born in Santa Clara, CA #1. One video featured her rapping over the beat from Khia's "My Neck, My Back (Lick It)", which would eventually turn into "Icy Grl". She sold a line of hats online from a collection called The Money Club. Saweetie’s Asian roots came from her Filipino-Chinese mom Trinidad Valentin. Her second EP Icy was released in March 2019, and spawned the top 40 single "My Type." The EP's first single, "My Type", written by Saweetie and produced by London On Da Track, samples "Freek-a-Leek" by Petey Pablo. [34], She is the cousin of actress Gabrielle Union.

Saweetie was born on July 2, 1993, in Santa Clara, California, USA. Born in California. [11][9], To follow that up, Saweetie released in that same month a freestyle rap called "High Maintenance" accompanied by a short clip of herself rapping a verse to the song, all while chilling in her kitchen. Saweetie’s parents played music from R&B stars such as Tevin Campbell, Delfonics, and … We will continue to update information on Saweetie’s parents. Growing up, it was a lot of fun because I have a really big family. We didn’t grow up rich, or at least I know I didn’t, which is why it feels good to make all this money, because I’ve never been able to just buy whatever I wanted to.”, Also Read: Saweetie and Quavo’s relationship explained, Is Janelle Monae Married? 2", alongside Lauv. [14][9] In October 2017, she released a video for her song, "Focus", which samples DRAM's "Gilligan". [11][12][9], Saweetie began posting short raps on her Instagram account in 2016. She was born on 3 July, 1993 in Santa Clara, California, USA. Saweetie currently has two EPs to her name, and an album can’t be too far away.

Her birth name is Diamonté Quiava Valentin Harper. Saweetie Fans Also Viewed . Popularity . 27 Year Olds. Saweetie was born to a Filipino … The video for the song went viral on the Internet and went on to accrue 100 million views on YouTube as of June 2020.

Saweetie Wiki, Biography, Age, Net worth, Boyfriend, Husband, Music, Birth date, Rapper, Height and Weight: Saweetie (real name Diamonte Harper) is a 24 years old (as in 2018) American YouTube sensation, Rapper, Songwriter, and Designer. And I’m half Asian half Black, so there was a big cultural difference.”. She released her debut extended play, High Maintenance, on March 16, 2018. Saweetie comes from an athletic family.

[23] It was certified platinum in September 2019. [26] A remix of the song featuring Jhené Aiko and City Girls was released on August 23, 2019. Diamonté Quiava Valentin Harper[2] (born July 2, 1993), known professionally as Saweetie (/səˈwiːti/),[3] is an American rapper. Saweetie and her dad attended the Sacramento Kings basketball game last night, and took a daddy-daughter picture together. She was mostly raised by her grandparents and her numerous uncles and aunts. She had the connections she needed to make it big, but she wanted to become successful on her terms. I feel like both of them shaped me into the woman I am today. Once more details are available on who she is dating, we will update this section. [36] She is a fan of the Sacramento Kings basketball team. After high school, she went on to attend San Diego State University before transferring to the University of Southern California where she studied communications and business. An interest in poetry led her to perform at open mic's which in turn helped her discover her passion or music. Cool J, and she helped foster Saweetie’s love for poetry and music. [31] The single peaked at number 53 on the Billboard Hot 100 and became her first song to enter the UK Singles Chart, peaking at number 71. Saweetie’s parents played music from R&B stars such as Tevin Campbell, Delfonics, and The Isley Brothers. Her grandfather played football for the San Francisco 49ers while her dad, Johnny Harper, played for San Jose State. Born on July 2 #5. [7][9] The song was released on her SoundCloud in the summer of 2017, and brought her to the attention of Max Gousse, a well-known producer and A&R executive, who became her manager. Saweetie appeared on Nick Cannon Presents: Wild 'N Out as a guest performer, where she performed her single, "My Type" which aired on VH1 on January 28, 2020. I was an only child for like eleven years, like eleven years, so my brothers and sisters were like my cousins. | #podSessions 1", "TUNESDAY: Icy Cool Facts About Saweetie, Femme MC On the Rise", "19 Facts You Need To Know About 'ICY GRL' Rapper Saweetie", "Interview: Saweetie Turned Her "Icy Girl" Video Into A Career Springboard", "Bay Area MC Saweetie Talks "Icy Grl" & Social Media Fame", "Monterey Trail High School Varsity Volleyball", "Rising MC Saweetie Talks Viral Hit 'Icy Grl,' Signing With Warner Bros. Records & the Value of Education", "If You Haven't Heard These Songs, You're Sleeping", "Saweetie | No Bright Lights, No Ice, No Sugar After Midnight", "Saweetie Releases "Icy Girl" Music Video", "Saweetie Doesn't Let Anything Distract Her in "Focus" Video", "Rihanna Shares New Fenty Beauty Super Bowl Ad Starring Saweetie", "Rising rapper Saweetie is one to watch this year", "Saweetie Signs With Warner Bros. Records", "Saweetie Shares 'High Maintenance' EP Tracklist and Release Date", "Premiere: Saweetie Reveals Tracklist For Debut EP 'High Maintenance, "Stream Saweetie's Debut Project 'High Maintenance': Listen", Recording Industry Association of America, "How Saweetie Is Keeping Up Momentum In Hip-Hop's 'Sink Or Swim' World", "Saweetie Makes Hot 100 Debut, Is 7th Female Rap Act to Hit Chart in 2019 - The Most This Decade", "Hitmaker of the Month: Manager Max Gousse on Saweetie's Big 'My Type' Spike", "Saweetie Just Launched A PrettyLittleThing Collection & It's Almost Sold Out", "This Runway Show Showed What Models with Different Body Types Look Like In the Same Outfits", "Tay Money, Saweetie – Bussin 2.0 [Official Music Video] - YouTube", "Quavo Cops Saweetie a $75,000 Chain - XXL", "Mind Blown: Gabrielle Union Shares That She's Cousins With This Female Rapper, And Twitter Is Living", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Saweetie&oldid=987245110, Articles with dead external links from June 2019, Short description is different from Wikidata, All Wikipedia articles written in American English, Wikipedia articles with MusicBrainz identifiers, Wikipedia articles with WORLDCATID identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 5 November 2020, at 20:42.

Why Did Gavin Richards Leave Allo 'allo, Eureka Carts Gorilla Glue, Elizabeth Bathory Descendants, Why Is My Old Dog Bleeding From Her Private, Ashley Married At First Sight Season 3, Jean Grey Weakness, Earfquake Tyler, The Creator, Little Chef Menu 1980, Day Day Up Eng Sub Wang Yibo, West Windsor Plainsboro Regional School District Genesis, Joachim Murat Armenian, What Happens To Cadmus And Harmonia At The End Of The Bacchae, Green Hell Blood Sample, Carter Hutton Wife, Lithium Chloride Ionic Bonding, Growing Up As An Only Child Essay, Did Matt And Ryan Forgive Mark, Trent Redekop Jack Black, Microelectronics Circuit Analysis And Design 3rd Edition Solution Manual Pdf, Aka Manah Ffx2, Heritage Motors Mayfield Ky, Mongoose Dolomite Crankset, Getting Back Together After Custody Battle, Sarah Solemani Net Worth, Beto Quintanilla Family, Toofan Africa Hoyee Mp3, Nox Spyware 2020, Terraria Discord Bot, Youtube Video Series By Peter Shukoff, 소령 진급 실패, Violin Concertos Ranked By Difficulty, Was John Knox Tortured, Victor Wong Eye, Leather Ar Mag Pouch, Rayon De Braquage Camion Toupie, Zipper Pull Stuck Sideways, Malia Pyles Parents, Paramo Alta Iii Waterproof Jacket Australia, Used Mercedes 6x6 Trucks For Sale, Funny Son Poems, Kobe Bryant Poster, Fat Man Picture, Joey Stivic Actor, Cody James Reedy Ncis Memorial Deutsch, Margin Account Questrade, Biggest Wolf Ever Killed, Live Follower Count Twitter, Octopus Pet Stories, Cell Movie Ending Explained, Acantho Coral Care, Amelie Mccann Instagram, Greenland 2020 Streaming Vf, Industrial Foregoing Infinity Drill, Springer Spaniel Border Collie Mix Rescue, Ed Ames 2020, Carnedd Llewelyn Wild Camping, Better Gas Mileage In Sport Mode, Vixen Arrowverse Watch Online, Mount Carmel Outpatient Lab Taylor Station, Craigslist Tug Hill Ny, Mercedes Mccambridge Blind, Machine Gun Kelly Net Worth 2018, Tcf Bank Safe Deposit Box Cost, Alan Dershowitz House Martha's Vineyard, What Is The Spiritual Meaning Of Stacked Stones?, Will Mccormack Emily Arlook, Kraazy Roblox Id Code, Plastic Shed Base, Guadalajara Elevation In Feet, Sadaqah For Marriage, Lexington Ky Craigslist Motorcycles, Paul Coffey Npower, Steve Buscemi Eyes Condition, $300 A Month Motel, Jeu De Hasard En 2 Lettres, Nfl Divisions Excel, Natural Light Logo, Cyathea Cooperi Indoor, David Visentin Son, Man Beats Dog On Facebook, How Often Do Substitute Teachers Get Called In, Nightmare Abbey Sparknotes, Large Fish Tanks For Sale Online, Jacob Hurley Bongiovi Instagram, Deputy Dawg Laugh, Why Did Michelle Bonilla Leave Dr Quinn, Ark Platform Base, Popular Teenage Purses 2020, Learn To Read Greek Keller Answer Key Pdf,