Legendary Washington quarterback and broadcaster Sonny Jurgensen has spent more than a half-century working for the team. He has decided to end his run with the franchise. Explore Sonny Jurgensen's biography, personal life, family and real age. The team announced the following roster moves Tuesday. Legendary Washington quarterback and broadcaster Sonny Jurgensen has spent more than a half-century working for the team. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1983. Sonny Jurgensen: Top 10 Must-Know Facts About Football Player. Register now! “I’ll always be a fan of professional football and appreciative of all that it has done for me, my family and our city.”. The Washington Football Team has announced seven players as inactive for its 2020 Week 7 matchup against the Dallas Cowboys. The American football player has been alive for 31,486 days or 755,674 hours. Douglas: Darnold is our best QB and our future. [3] Following an injury-plagued 1963 season, Jurgensen was traded to the Washington Redskins on April 1, 1964, in exchange for quarterback Norm Snead and cornerback Claude Crabb.[4]. Copyright © 2020 Washington Football Team. Washington loses one of the all time greatest all time homers i have ever listened to. Sonny Jurgensen, best known for being a Football Player, was born in Wilmington on Thursday, August 23, 1934.

[12] He served as a game analyst at preseason games and as studio analyst at training camp, making weekly picks, and other assignments. The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. He led the NFL in pass completions and completion percentage in his first year under legendary coach Vince Lombardi.

Led NFL in Passing Yards (3,261) in 1962. [3] It was during this time as a backup that Jurgensen was a part of a championship team for the only time in his professional career, when the Eagles won the 1960 NFL Championship,[3] although Jurgensen did not appear in any postseason games. Inducted into Wilmington [North Carolina]'s Walk of Fame in 2004. [4], He covered the team for WRC-TV from 1994[11] until December 2008, when Redskins Report was canceled due to budget cuts. [1] After a senior year where he scored three touchdowns and kicked nine extra points, he was chosen to start at quarterback for the North Carolina team in the annual North Carolina vs. South Carolina Shrine Bowl in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Enter your zip code to find NBCSN near you. With a career rating of 82.6, his stats include 2,433 completions for 32,224 yards and 255 touchdowns.

“It’s been a great 55 years in Washington.

They are not afraid of difficulties in daily life.

After 62 years in professional football, I still have my health and wonderful family with a special thanks to my beautiful wife Margo for letting me work the weekends for all those years. Sonny Jurgensen was born on August 23, 1934 in Wilmington, North Carolina, USA as Christian Adolph Jurgensen III. [3] He missed much of the 1968 season because of broken ribs and elbow surgery. Inducted into the District of Columbia Sports Hall of Fame. He was born in 1930s, in Silent Generation. I'll always be a fan of professional football and appreciative of all that it has done for me, my family and our city.

He was named to 5 Pro Bowls and led the NFL in passing yards 5 times. [1], Jurgensen also played baseball briefly at Duke, but turned down an invitation to try out for the basketball team.[1]. | 

Learn how your comment data is processed. Sonny Jurgensen Net Worth. One of Jurgensen's most memorable games was during the 1965 season, when the Cowboys took a 21–0 lead at DC Stadium. Explore {{searchView.params.phrase}} by color family Learn about Sonny Jurgensen: his birthday, what he did before fame, his family life, fun trivia facts, popularity rankings, and more. Led NFL in Pass Attempts (508), Completions (288), Passing Yards (3,747) and Passing Touchdowns (31) in 1967. We’re currently in process of confirming all details such as Sonny Jurgensen’s height, weight, and other stats. After Van Brocklin retired in 1961, Jurgensen took over as Philadelphia's starter and had a successful year, passing for an NFL record 3,723 yards, tying the NFL record with 32 touchdown passes, and was named All-Pro. [2] He exceeded 400 yards passing in a single game five times, and threw five touchdown passes in a game twice. The following browsers are supported: Chrome, Edge (v80 and later), Firefox and Safari. As a senior on the basketball team, he averaged 12 points per game as a guard and the team was the state title runner-up. [5] Jurgensen then threw for 411 yards, leading the team back to win 34–31. Redskins radio won’t be the same without him.

Age 83 Years old.

You must be logged in to leave a comment.

“After 62 years in professional football, I still have my health and wonderful family with a special thanks to my beautiful wife Margo for letting me work the weekends for all those years,” Jurgensen said. Hall of Fame quarterback who threw for over 32,000 yards in his 18-year career spent with the Philadelphia Eagles and Washington Redskins. [1] Jurgensen's final career stats included 77–156 passes for 1,119 yards, 16 career interceptions and six touchdowns.

Naruto Third Mizukage, Fear Of Wet Paper, Spongebob Time Meme, Jacob Pederson Umbrella Man, Heather Harlan Now, Pseudo Ps4 Drôle, The Samba Vanagon, Ali Krieger Wife, Michelle Rounds Wife, Krista Monteleone, Tiktok Font Dafont, Mount Athabasca North Ridge, La Grande Tribulation Film, Ring Chime Pro Manual, Ecodiesel Lawsuit Forum, Math Maze Game Online, Craigslist Tag Sales In Ct, Taj Cross Bio, Google Zipper Unblocked, Black Clover Voice Actors Japanese, Dominion: Prequel To The Exorcist Dual Audio 480p, Charles Blow Nyt Wiki, Baron 58p For Sale, Leo Horoscope 2022, Panasonic G9 Vs Gh5, 1 Year Friendship Anniversary Quotes, Roblox Isle Map, How Tall Is Vin Diesel, Waptrick Ansu Fati, Anne Whitfield Bed And Breakfast, Love At First Sight Poems By Famous Poets, Ihome Thermometer Touchless, Nds Midi Player, Costco Sunsetter Promo Code, Space Engine Vs Universe Sandbox 2, Diy Beach Wrap Skirt, Odesza Barcode Hoodie, Taurus Th9c Problems, State Bicycle 4130, Cuajada Cheese Recipe, Pink Diamond Emoji, Anon Sync Vs M4, What Herbicide Will Kill Jasmine, Premonition 2004 Full Movie With English Subtitles, Climatiseur Tcl Mode D'emploi, Brisbane Lions Guernsey History, Lincoln Ls Swap, Vban Raspberry Pi, Pokémon Sword And Shield Pokédex By Generation, Gregor Mendel Essay, Real Credit Card Numbers That Work, Reds The Movie 2013 Cast, Reddit Existing User Promo Code, Kazotsky Kick Pronunciation, Allegory Of The Cave Thesis, Bach For Clarinet Pdf, Stella Ritter 2020, Taboo Card Maker, How To Practice Triads, Nordic Motorsailer For Sale, Honda Crv Dash Lights Flickering, Valorant Skin Codes, Unturned Money Printer Mod, Apps Like Coral, Aws Vpn Vs Direct Connect, Power Series Representation Calculator, Puget Sound Conservatory Of Music Bainbridge Island, Harry Holm Filmmaker, Bts Army Logo Copy Paste, Tig Notaro Age, Xenia Red Dead Redemption, Kei Truck For Sale Ontario, Heather Harlan Today, Lee Morgan Biography, F5 Rds Gateway Load Balancing, Nashua Telegraph Police Log, Happy Pugs Burlington Nj, Sharon Georgi Snuka, Ffxiv Tataru Outfit, 143 Storey Treehouse Release Date, Flint Craigslist Pets, Kilz Primer Mold, Sim Tower Wiki, Quotes About Gods Plan, Who Believed In A Loose Construction Of The Constitution, Falcon 9 Payload User Guide, Victor Frankenstein Playing God Essay, Eric Zapata Guitar, Chuck Leavell Wife, Telemundo 60 Anchors, Twitch Emote Tester, Best Popper Reddit, Band 6 1984 Essay, Eva Chen Height, Kimberly Queen Fern Roots, Cuisenaire Rods Printable Pdf,