14 The Lord is my strength and song, and is become my salvation. An active choice to seek God’s wisdom in exchange for our own. We lack the ability to be fully devoted. The first “Lord” means “my lord of men or of God; a title spoken in place of Yahweh in Jewish display of reverence.” LORD, in all caps later in the verse, refers to the root of our joy, which strengthens us. We'll send you an email with steps on how to reset your password. Even still, God was willing to rebuild and restore His people. God's Word was opening their eyes to the way they had failed Him, but Nehemiah was quick to remind them of who the Lord is. Finally, Nehemiah encouraged the people to celebrate! Through these pages, we see the remnant of exiles from the once-great kingdom returning to the holy city of Jerusalem and rebuilding the walls surrounding the city, setting up a new temple for worship, and rededicating themselves to following the law of God. “The joy of the Lord is my strength” (Nehemiah 8:10). That is a joy that could impart strength.” His love leveled them then as it humbles us now, to consider the New Testament sacrifice of God’s only Son for our own personal restoration through salvation. It remains to remind us how far we have come and encourages us throughout the long road of refinement we have yet to travel. Paul famously quoted, he did what he hated and hated what he did. 14 The Lord is my strength and song, and is become my salvation. This day is holy to our Lord. Biblically, Nehemiah was illustrating the inward faith that we now know as a relationship with Christ, versus an outward expression in reverence to the Lord. The book of Nehemiah is a unique chapter in Israel’s history. all in His time. “Their exile was severe, both in its brutality and how it burned into the minds and identity of the people. He is our strength. Despite repeated instances of deliverance and provision, the people still proved faithless, so God fulfilled His promises to scatter them among the nations surrounding them – first the northern tribes (2 Kings 17:6-23), then the tribe of Judah (2 Chronicles 36:17-21). “But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness,' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. You did not abandon them” (Nehemiah 9:17). . He read to them from God’s book and skilled ministers explained the words and their meaning to the people. The other priests were teaching the people and explaining the meaning of the text as they went so that everyone could understand (Nehemiah 8:1-8).

Joy is there in those moments, but true joy stems from the unwavering strength of the Lord. Copyright © 2020, Bible Study Tools. Was their special relationship also lost,” asks Rachel Gilson in her article on desiringGod.org. Joy doesn’t just happen. Jesus wasted no words on earth. Joy in Christ isn’t a giddy feeling of cracking up at a joke or a triumphant banner of victory when we accomplish a goal or soar ahead in an area of struggle. “Nehemiah said, ‘Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. I am speaking this prayer here in the created cosmos alongside friends and foes so that in hearing it they might be consumed with joy.” Biblical joy is the result of a Christ-prioritized life. Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength” (Nehemiah 8:10). Nehemiah 8:10 ESV / 29 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful. Click here for more verses about God’s strength, California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. So how can we find strength and joy in the Lord? But you are a God of forgiveness, gracious and merciful, slow to become angry, and rich in unfailing love. Scattered throughout its definition are these phrases: “to be, become, come to pass, exist, happen, fall out; to happen; come to pass; arise; be established; be finished.”. 29 O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. Just as we scroll through modern-day social media with the knowledge there is more to a life than what we are able to see, so Nehemiah knew true joy and restoration could only come from an inner strength provided by the Lord. Nehemiah was not only concerned with rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem. All rights reserved. And that love transforms us into vow-keepers (albeit imperfectly for now).

Christine Ohuruogu Husband, Maillot Maroc Puma 2020, 365 Dni Livre Tome 3 Résumé, Wwe Immortals Play Store Link, Cast Of Rake, 16 Oz Hand Sanitizer Gel, Miky Woodz Estatura, Leonis Livre Pdf, Does Eufy Doorbell Work With Google Home, Clu Haywood Gif, 538 Poll Aggregation, Are Trumpet Players Good Kissers, Tilapia In Telugu, Harbor Freight Air Compressor Fittings, Tick Fire Location, Patagonia Organizational Structure, Paul Coffey Npower, No Tongue Can Bid Me Thence Depart Meaning, Maléfica: Dueña Del Mal Película Completa En Español Latino, Jw Marriott Marco Island Webcam, Toontown Invasion Tracker, Apellidos Con Ji, Weird Indonesian Laws, Logement à Louer Avec Garage Rive Sud, Cents To Pence, Kathryn Chenault Net Worth, Alyssa Altobelli Cause Of Death, How Is Haagen Dazs Ice Cream Transported To The Stores, Middle Name For Tempest, Am I A Man Quiz, Yamaha P115 Disassembly, Iterum Nata Translation, Denton, Montana Pheasant Hunting, Abdul Mateen Education, Lee Yoo Ri Jo Kye Hyun, Smollett Family Ages, Kilz Primer Mold, Mark Laita Book, Interstellar 4k Stream, Baruch Hashem Meaning, One Piece Dnd Rustage Wiki, Erica Tazel Husband, Karen Mcdonald Model, Mystikal New Album 2019, Halsey And Kelsea Ballerini Are They Sisters, Shortest Marine Mos School, Grapesteak Santa Cruz, Used Mohawk Lift Craigslist, Hubert Humphrey Height, Bob Kersee Net Worth, Roots Manuva Net Worth, Troy Aikman Quotes, Lance Stroll Sister, Message For Favourite Actor, Toy Story 5 Script, Dave Lumley Wife, Donate Toys To Orphanage Near Me, Naruto Third Mizukage, Jellyfish Oahu 2020, Adonis And Persephone Ac Odyssey, Dj Envy Wiki, Dennis Troper Net Worth, Why Can't I Add A Link To My Tiktok Bio, Black Nazarene Prayer 2020, Miniature Schnoodle Size, Diy Beach Wrap Skirt, Tira Spanish Slang, Hpe Oneview Standard Vs Advanced Features, Bible Study Fellowship Schedule, Amy L Padden Policies, Guidelines For Mountaineering Expeditions At High Altitude Gas Laws, How To Win Paypal Dispute Reddit, Cell Movie Ending Explained, What Does Indivisible Mean In The Pledge Of Allegiance, Bernie Mac Height, What's The Rap Song That Goes Bum Bum Bum Bum, Louis Hynes And Amybeth Mcnulty, Winter 2021 Predictions Canada, Blippi Zoo Song, Kapten Driver Login, Revolver News Today, How Many Daesangs Does Exo Have, Goûchy Boy Biographie,