He served alongside Chris Kyle (American Sniper), one of the most famous U.S.military snipers, and served as an expert during the filming of the American Sniper movie (Clint Eastwood). Learn more about the program. "Slow is smooth; smooth is fast. I think Kevin has to write another book about his second deployment and after that he needs to clean the heavy weapons "Teams and Sh*t". Greatly enjoyed, but even more, fed my patriotism. He joined the Navy after 9/11. And some people fall in love with books about falling in love.

I hope the book was a cathartic project. Kevin was born and raised in central Connecticut before enrolling in James Madison University in 2000. .orange-text-color {font-weight:bold; color: #FE971E;}Enjoy features only possible in digital – start reading right away, carry your library with you, adjust the font, create shareable notes and highlights, and more. Saving Bravo: The Greatest Rescue Mission in Navy SEAL History, Lions of Kandahar: The Story of a Fight Against All Odds. “Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young.” Tony”, “Mike was on the rooftop scanning for targets with his Mk 48 when an insurgent grenade flew over the wall, hit him in the chest, and fell in front of him. [4] In a 2018 interview with Annals of Emergency Medicine, Kim described himself as "the epitome of that quiet kid who just lacked complete self-confidence. What you get out of this story is how it was a battle for all of our troops over there and how each team member looks at each other. The feelings and friendship shown throughout this book really makes you feel as if you were sitting in a room and having a real conversation with this author. I received this book from Netgalley.com I gave it 4 stars. I decided to read it because I really enjoyed multiple SEAL books (American Sniper, Lone Survivor, Fearless, Seal Team Six), but especially because I absolutely loved American Sniper and saw that Kevin Lacz worked with Chris Kyle. [8], Kim is a recipient of a Silver Star, Bronze Star Medal (with Combat "V"), the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal (with Combat "V"), and Combat Action Ribbon. He shows the inner workings of his team and the complete trust and dedication they all had for each other. The author served in a unit in the Navy SEALS with Chris Kyle which was known as the Punishers, the deadliest SEAL platoon in Iraq. L.E.O. Unless we've gone through this type of service ourselves, it's difficult to comprehend, so this is a real eye-opener. “One of the very best books to come out of the war in Iraq,” (Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, bestselling author of, Fearless: The Undaunted Courage and Ultimate Sacrifice of Navy SEAL Team SIX Operator Adam Brown, Into the Fire: A Firsthand Account of the Most Extraordinary Battle in the Afghan War, The Operator: Firing the Shots that Killed Osama bin Laden and My Years as a SEAL Team Warrior, The Reaper: Autobiography of One of the Deadliest Special Ops Snipers, Outlaw Platoon: Heroes, Renegades, Infidels, and the Brotherhood of War in Afghanistan, Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10, Stalin’s Sniper: The War Diary of Roza Shanina, Echo in Ramadi: The Firsthand Story of US Marines in Iraq's Deadliest City, The Last Lieutenant (The Todd Ingram Series Book 1). Thanks to Goodreads First Reads for a copy of The Last Punisher. Dauber was a solid operator, a good man in front of the train or the back. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Previous page of related Sponsored Products. If Kevin wrote it I'd even be interested in a book on Marc Lee. It will not disappoint. Chris's somewhat protective nature struck Kevin enough to write about it. Kyle even gave the author his nickname “Dauber,” from the big, goofy blonde guy on the TV show “Coach.” They served together in Iraq during the battle of Ramadi, where this book focuses. Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. “One of the very best books to come out of the war in Iraq,” (Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, bestselling author of On Killing ), The Last Punisher is a gripping and intimate on-the-ground memoir from a Navy SEAL who was part of SEAL Team THREE with American Sniper Chris Kyle. I think American Sniper was a bit over the top with bravado (though a good accounting of the life of a deadly sniper), but The Last Punisher reeks of excessive machismo.

When I won this book from Goodreads that the author and Chris Kyle were in the same unit,The Punishers, in the Iraq war. This is simply the best Iraq war book I've read. A well worth read as seen through the eyes of one who witnessed the horrors of war and the sacrifices he and his fellow SEAL platoon members made. Tragically lost her life in a car accident on base[720x480]

Jonathan Kim (born 1984) is an American US Navy lieutenant (and former SEAL), physician, and NASA astronaut.

The Battle of Gettysburg (Expanded, Annotated). 7 months ago.

Goodman Furnace Model Number Breakdown, Golden Goose Klarna, Kia Uvo Not Working, Niko Japanese Meaning, Susan Downes Bavaro, L'insoumis Film Youtube, Purslane Benefits For Hair, Why Is Invasion Literature Still Relevant Today, Tre Cool Spouse, Ashwini Nakshatra Female Matching Stars In Tamil, Marc Maron Sarah Cain Split, Nuvaring Weight Gain Reddit, Zak George Crate Training, Pack De Texture Skillpvp V9, Utah Valley Mortuary Obituaries, Regarder Doubles Jumelles, Doubles Problèmes En Streaming, How To Transport Polar Bears Minecraft, 2k20 Events Calendar, Ucl Offers 2020 Student Room, Justin Westhoff Wife, Sway App Dance Videos, Words Of Wonder Answers, Snarky Puppy Albums Ranked, Leo Horoscope 2022, Adverbe De Gloire, Jason Fu Mulan, Anomalies On The Far Side Of The Moon, Brawlhalla Codes 2020 Ps4 May, Double Depth Lawn Crypt, How To Look Cool Wearing A Skateboard Helmet, Roli Roti Sous Vide Carnitas, Border Force Usa Trevino, Raiders Vs Tampa Bay 2020, Strongest Kekkei Genkai In Shinobi Life, Beyrooti Car Accident, Harry Potter Potions Challenge Game Tutorial, Sao Fatal Bullet Cheats Ps4, Tyler Perrys House Of Payne Season 7 Episode 9, Blixemi Walk Without The Stars, Tombstone Territory Season 5, Pam Anderson Son Dies,