Now that you’ve learned these Spanish jokes, learn the 12 quirky words that don’t have an English translation. (How do you spell socks in English?). One big circle of words that sound similar in English and Spanish! FluentU takes real-world videos like music videos, commercials, news, and inspiring talks and turns them into Spanish learning experiences. (No, she burns everything.). Here's the challenge for you! With the jokes on this list, you'll be sure to give your Spanish-speaking teachers, friends, or coworkers a good laugh.

The class can be reviewing and practicing at the same time! “(“Good afternoon, we’re calling you for a survey.

“Cariño despiértate! If you are like me and you rely on being funny to make friends, today’s post is a lifesaver. (A man went to the circus to find a job.

A: Me neither. What is a person with a ketchup packet in their ear doing? can take anywhere. Rosetta Stone app “Cuanto cuesta esta estufa?” (How much does a stove cost?

Kid: Papá, me siento mal. (…and the man flew away.).

Did I just trick you into learning something?

The joke asks how to say eyes in English, but eyes also sound like the English word ice. For example, I’m chatty and bubbly in English, but it’s hard to translate that into a new language. .

Like nada, it’s also a conjugated verb. Sorry.

Does the serpent live there too?”), “Si, un momento. Eso sí que es sounds a lot like S-O-C-K-S. We don’t have things like bear and bare or not, naught and knot, that would just be confusing.

Memes are an amazing tool to learn Spanish. For beginners in Spanish language learning, it’s tough to have a personality in Spanish. This joke really just subverts the listener's expectation that the joke teller is going to impart some inspirational information on opening figurative doors, when in fact they simply give two literal words that give instructions for opening actual doors. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem very funny in English. ?”), “Te dijé abrígate, imbécil, abrígate!” (I said, “Wear a coat, idiot, wear a coat!”).

(How many stars are in the sky?).

Nothing./It swims.

At least now you’ll know why everyone is asking you to “salute” a stranger!

If you like learning colorful, memorable Spanish lessons like these, then you’ll love FluentU. 40 funny Spanish idioms you need to learn; Long Spanish jokes. It is a critical step to understand and be understood by any of the 437 million people around the world who speak Spanish.

The best part is that FluentU keeps track of the vocabulary that you’re learning, and it recommends you examples and videos based on the words you’ve already learned. Isn’t it frustrating in Spanish how one word can have different meanings?

Try to understand this meme. One says): “¡Ojalá lloviera!” ( “I wish it would rain!”), “¡Ojalá yo también!” ( “I wish I could see, too!” the other says.). Dad: ¡Pues siéntate bien! Please check your email for further instructions. Every learner has a truly personalized experience, even if they’re learning the same video. (When my mother-in-law came to town.). Te echo sounds a lot like techo, and this sound similarity is what makes this joke funny. What? Download a unit and knock it out on the train or a flight. ), “No traje traje.” (I didn’t bring my swimming suit.). .

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. ¿Qué le dijo el número dieciocho al número dos?

These are funny Spanish jokes that you can say in a single line or as a response. If you need help,... Una persona que se siente apreciada... On one hand, you have a high chance of messing it up. Some Spanish language experts suggest new learners practice making the “tt” sound, as it sounds in the English word butter. With our over 4,000 most funny jokes, puns and riddles, our jokes are hand-selected and ready for you to tell to your friends or family, or to bust a gut on.

11. This particular word is twice as bad because you can also eat bolas in many parts of the Spanish-speaking world. No matter your reason for learning Spanish, you can get off to a great start by first learning how to pronounce some very basic words and phrases. "I love Rosetta Stone's software, and I think. Translation: “What’s the laziest type of cow?

I can definitely see my reactions change depending on the language I speak. The Spanish word for ice is hielo, but hielo also sounds like yellow. (I whine bitterly when my mother-in-law comes to town.).

You will receive a new password via e-mail. Of note, Spanish does have some pronunciation distinctions that can make it a challenge for language learners. Memes are an amazing tool to learn Spanish. And if you’re looking for a method to familiarize yourself with the Spanish language as well as deepen your knowledge of the culture (like, say, through humor), FluentU is the best way to go.

I haven’t touched you???”. Can I get your name, please?”), “¿Y el de su mujer?” (“And your wife’s name?”), “Increíble, ¿la serpiente vive aquí también?” (“Incredible! If you... Si la gente habla a tus espaldas...

Here's the challenge for you! I jumped out of a window and “I died” (memory sounds like me morí).– Contratada. If you see an interesting word you don’t know, you can add it to a vocab list. Ora (pray) naturally sounds a lot like hora (hour) since the h isn’t pronounced in Spanish. So it’s not just about the features, but what you’re able to do because of them. We don’t use the phrase “ray of sunshine” the same way, Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem very funny in English. There is no Spanish word for sports-related balls that isn’t funny. ¿Nivel de inglés? You’ll first focus on learning Spanish basic words and phrases, then you’ll move onto learning longer Spanish phrases, and then towards learning to speak Spanish with confidence. This joke hinges on the fact that the listener most likely believes the joke teller is asking a serious question about astronomy.

So, together, no nada nada means that the person doesn’t swim at all.

This joke shows how a preposition can clarify a word’s meaning or usage. Bad joke!).

Every definition has examples that have been written to help you understand how the word is used. Other people want to learn Spanish based on their plans to vacation, work, or volunteer in any of the 20 countries where Spanish is the official language. Clean meaning: Sausage Many times, beginning Spanish learners get sidetracked trying to memorize lengthy lists of Spanish vocabulary words and phrases.

As one example, the letter r is pronounced differently and takes some practice for most new learners.

We recommend our users to update the browser. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Why would a website dedicated to learning Spanish allow a post full of jokes to grace its pages? ¡¡SUEGRA!

Before long, you’ll be laughing right along with your Spanish-speaking friends! (What did the number 18 say to the number 2?). Get it?