[8][9][10], Meledandri prefers to keep Illumination adhering to a low-cost model, recognizing that "strict cost controls and hit animated films are not mutually exclusive".

Theme park ride at several Universal Studios parks and resorts. 9Joint venture with Sony Pictures Entertainment.

This logo is still shown on film posters and on the back of home media covers. Illumination entertainment the grinch.png, https://movies.fandom.com/wiki/Illumination_Entertainment?oldid=275400, Despicable Me (2010), Hop (2011), The Lorax (2012), Despicable Me 2 (2013), Minions (2015), The Secret Life of Pets (2016), Sing (2016), Despicable Me 3 (2017), The Grinch (2018), The Secret Life of Pets 2 (2019), Minions: The Rise of Gru (2021), Super Mario Bros (2022), Despicable Me 4 (2022), Covi & Zizt The Movie (2023), The Lorax 2 (2024).

8Joint venture with Ion Media Networks, DreamWorks Classics, Corus Entertainment and Scholastic. Illumination Entertainment is an animation studio established by Chris Meledandri, and is a Universal Pictures unit, most famous for Despicable Me.

It is owned by Meledandri and Universal Studios, a division of NBCUniversal, with Universal fully financing and owning all the films. The directors of Despicable Me, Pierre Coffin and Chris Renaud, also directed or co-directed Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, Despicable Me 2, Minions, The Secret Life of Pets, and Despicable Me 3.

[27] Also, Illumination is working with frequent collaborator and musician Pharrell Williams on an original animated film that will be "made from scratch. Production Design in a Feature Production, Character Animation in a Live Action Production, Character Design in an Animated Feature Production, Eric Guillon, Yarrow Cheney and Colin Stimpson, Character Animation in an Animated Feature Production, Storyboarding in an Animated Feature Production, Outstanding Achievement in Animated Effects in an Animated Production, Frank Baradat, Antonin Seydoux, Milo Riccarand and Nicolas Brack, Outstanding Achievement in Production Design in an Animated Feature Production, Outstanding Achievement in Character Animation in a Feature Production, Animated Effects in an Animated Production, Bruno Chauffard, Frank Baradat, Nicolas Brack and Milo Riccarand, Editorial in an Animated Feature Production, Outstanding Producer of Animated Theatrical Motion Picture, Outstanding Animated Character in an Animated Feature, Eric Guillon, Bruno Dequier, Julien Soret, Benjamin Fournet for "Bratt", Outstanding Created Environment in an Animated Feature, Axelle De Cooman, Pierre Lopes, Milo Riccarand, Nicolas Brack for "Hollywood Destruction", Outstanding Model in a Photoreal or Animated Project, Eric Guillon, Francois-Xavier Lepeintre, Guillaume Boudeville, Pierre Lopes for "Dru's Car", Outstanding Effects Simulations in an Animated Feature, Bruno Chauffard, Frank Baradat, Milo Riccarand, Nicolas Brack, Pierre Leduc, Janet Healy, Bruno Chauffard, Milo Riccarand, David Galante, Francois Boudaille, Olivier Luffin, Yarrow Cheney for, Loic Rastout, Ludovic Ramiere, Henri Deruer, Nicolas Brack for, Eric Carme, Nicolas Brice, Milo Riccarand for, This page was last edited on 29 October 2020, at 18:48.

Despicable Me | Hop | The Lorax | Despicable Me 2 | Minions | The Secret Life of Pets | Sing | Despicable Me 3 | The Grinch | The Secret Life of Pets 2, Upcoming films: Meledandri left his post as President of 20th Century Fox Animation and Blue Sky Studios in early 2007. [26] On November 6, 2018, Illumination announced that the Mario film could be released by 2022.

On January 31, 2018, Nintendo of America announced on Twitter that they are partnering with Illumination on a movie starring Mario, it will be co-produced by Shigeru Miyamoto and Chris Meledandri. Directed by Chris Renaud and Yarrow Cheney, the film would earn $104 million in its opening weekend, $368 million stateside, and $875 million worldwide. 14Co-owned with Trans Corp. While at those companies he supervised or executive produced movies including Ice Age (2002), its sequel Ice Age: The Meltdown (2006), Robots (2005), and Horton Hears a Who! The film was animated by the French animation studio's Mac Guff, which was later acquired by Illumination Entertainment.

Universal Studios Hollywood | Universal Studios Florida1 | Volcano Bay1 | Universal's Islands of Adventure1 | Universal Studios Japan | Universal Studios Singapore, Hotels: 7Co-owned with Paramount Pictures. 4Co-owned with Corus Entertainment. The film would earn $56 million in its first 5 days, grossing $270 million stateside and $634 million worldwide. ", "Inside Illumination's Plans for Animated 'Super Mario Bros.' Movie", "Universal Delays 'Minions: The Rise of Gru' Early July Release", "Three Untitled Illumination Movies Get Dates Through 2020", "40th Annie Award nominees and winners list", "Critics' Choice Awards 2018: Complete List of Movie and TV Nominations", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Illumination_(company)&oldid=986090066, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. 1 Minionpedia 1.1 2013-2016 2 Despicable Me Wiki 2.1 2016 3 Illimination Entertainment … An adaptation of Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, debuted on March 2, 2012, earning $70 million on its opening weekend, and eventually found its way to $214 million stateside and $348 million worldwide. An adaptation of Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, debuted on March 2, 2012, earning $70 million on its opening weekend, and with eventual totals of $214 million in the US market and $348 million worldwide.

On May 19, 2011, Illumination announced that it would be working with Universal Studios to create Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem, a 3-D ride at Universal Parks & Resorts in Orlando, Hollywood, and Osaka.

[7] During the summer 2011, Illumination acquired the animation department of the French animation and visual effects studio Mac Guff, which animated Despicable Me and Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, and formed Illumination Mac Guff. [23][24][25] On January 31, 2018, Nintendo announced during a fiscal meeting that they are partnering with Illumination on a movie starring Mario, which will be co-produced by Chris Meledandri and Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto. Local 839, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Illumination_(company)&oldid=986090066, Companies based in Santa Monica, California, Film production companies of the United States, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. It also holds the record for the highest grossing film not to ever be at #1 in its run. Universal Studios Beijing2 | Universal Studios Moscow, Other: It is owned by Universal Pictures, a division of NBCUniversal, which itself is a division of Comcast. Illumination 2017–present.

[18] Directed by Chris Renaud and Yarrow Cheney, the film would earn $104 million in its opening weekend, $368 million domestically, and $875 million worldwide. Illumination (formerly named Illumination Entertainment) is an American film and animation studio founded by Chris Meledandri in 2007 and owned by Universal Pictures,[4][5][6] a division of NBCUniversal, which is itself a division of Comcast. In January 2018, Nintendo President Tatsumi Kimishima stated that, if plans go smoothly, a Mario movie could happen by 2020. By 2008, a deal was announced positioning Illumination as NBCUniversal’s family entertainment arm that would produce one to two films a year starting in 2010. On November 14, 2017, the Wall Street Journal reported that Illumination is teaming up with Nintendo to make an animated Mario film. The second film from Illumination based on a Dr. Seuss book, The Grinch, is scheduled for release on November 9, 2018, and is directed by Peter Candeland and Yarrow Cheney from an adaptation by Michael LeSieur. Logopedia is a FANDOM Lifestyle Community.

While at those companies he supervised or executive produced movies including Ice Age (2002), its sequel Ice Age: The Meltdown (2006), Robots (2005), and Horton Hears a Who! Content is available under $1 unless otherwise noted. In an industry where movie expenses often exceed $100 million, Illumination's first two releases were completed with significantly lower budgets, considering Despicable Me's $69 million budget and the $63 million budget of Hop. It is Illumination Entertainment's first film. [16] The spin-off to Despicable Me, titled Minions, was released on July 10, 2015,[17] and grossed over $1 billion worldwide. Other future projects are The Secret Life of Pets 2, Minions 2: The Rise of Gru, Sing 2, Covi & Zizt The Movie and Despicable Me 4. (Canada | Latin America) | Telemundo Internacional | Golf Channel (Latin America8 | Indonesia14 ) | CNBC (Africa | Arabia | Asia | Australia | Europe | India 13 (CNBC-TV18 (HD), CNBC Awaaz and CNBC Bajar) | Indonesia14 | Latin America | Pakistan) | Movies 24 | Movies 24+, NBC Sports Regional Networks: Illumination Entertainment is an American animation film production company, founded by Chris Meledandri in 2007. [5] The studio is responsible for the Despicable Me and The Secret Life of Pets film series and the film adaptations of Dr. Seuss’ books The Lorax and How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

As an independent production company, Illumination retains creative control and Universal exclusively distributes the films. One way the company sustains a lean financial model is by employing cost-conscious animation techniques that lower the expenses and render times of its computer graphics.

After leaving, he founded Illumination Entertainment. Illumination Entertainment 2007-2017. While at those companies he supervised or executive-produced movies including Ice Age, Ice Age: The Meltdown, Robots and Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who!. The directors of Despicable Me, Pierre Coffin and Chris Renaud, also directed or co-directed Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, Despicable Me 2, Minions, The Secret Life of Pets, and Despicable Me 3. Universal Pictures (Others | Trailer variants | Closing variants | Logo Variations) | DreamWorks Animation (Others | Trailer & Closing variants | Logo Variations) | Universal 1440 Entertainment | Universal Studios Family Productions | Universal Animation Studios | Focus Features (Others | Logo variants) | Focus World | Working Title Films | Illumination (Illumination Mac Guff) (Others | Logo Variations) | United International Pictures7 | NBCUniversal Entertainment Japan | NBC Sports Films | OTL Releasing, NBCUniversal Television Group:

Fatigue Life Calculation Excel, Plastic Shed Base, Lancashire Boundaries Map, Cliff Burton Grave Location, Pittsburgh Predators Troutman, Kei Truck For Sale Ontario, Gosford Classic Car Museum, Google Translate English To Kosovan, Livingston Mt Upland Bird Hunting, Piqure D'insecte Plaque Rouge, Angel Tattoo Small, Electric Current Is Measured In, Michael Tapp Artist, Rockstar Games Unblocked, Random Anime Generator, High School Musical Scenes Script, Jalen Green Vertical, My Costco Account Employee Login, Milton Babbitt Ensembles For Synthesizer, Billy Dean Two Fathers Lyrics, Say ファンファーレ 白上フブキ 歌詞, The Crucible Band 6 Essay, Sweet And Spicy Girl Quotes, Joan Larsen Lgbt, Hall Of Fame Song Essay, Deus Ex Whittaker, Jamie O'sullivan Son Of Richard, Mlb Roster Builder, Layer 8 Neck Gaiter How To Use, Poems About Courage For Elementary Students, Craigslist Omaha General, Deca Sports Teams, 2012 Honda Civic Alternator Voltage Output, Sunshine Zombie Survival Game Crossword Clue, Snowfire Cream Tesco, Harry Potter Moments, Netgear Wac104 Wireless Bridge, Schéma Du Point érogène C', Jcpenney On Tithing, Costar Vs Reonomy, Demelza's Song Meaning, Black Speech Dictionary, Mr Sandman Remix (1 Hour), Jarvis Voice Generator, Ccsf Summer 2020 Catalog, Firewater Vs Fireball, Katie Boland Delta Fund, Umbrella Academy Kink Meme, Dog Floating Rib, Eva Birthistle Eye Surgery, Titanic Crew Uniform, Jon Gries Wife, How Much Do Gorillas Weigh, Discord Unblocked Google Sites, Bike Ride Essay, Orey Bujjigadu Movie, Toontown Invasion Tracker, Gfrc Concrete Bunnings, Sylvana Henriques Lord Bath, Another Ova Online, Limbach L2000 For Sale, Serbian Burek With Cheese, Border Force Usa Trevino, Good Names For Gators, Calvin Pryor Net Worth, Hammerless Coach Gun, Facebook Interview Questions Data Scientist, Apk Fix Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2, Dru Joyce Iii Net Worth, How Many Years Have Chelsea Been Relegated, Zak Nilsson Age, Doomguy Voice Lines Doom Eternal, Black American Bulldog Puppies For Sale, Como Doblar Un Tubo Redondo Sin Dobladora, Nasal Rinse Recipe, Demise Vs Devise Real Estate, Ishikawa Gobei Age, Best Burning Laser, Carrie Walton Penner Siblings, Beetles And Mouse Symbiotic Relationship, Corona Virus Ischia, Courtney Parker Death, The Wild And Wonderful Whites Of West Virginia Google Docs, Jaykae Heartache Sample, Ashland Wholesale Home Decor, Little Chef Menu 1980, Brain Test 2 Level 15 Monster Hunter, Udp Checksum Python,